• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

No contact in 24 hours from buyer - ok to move on?

As mentioned, life happens and while a 'day' is 24 hours, perhaps he thinks he has until the end of today. Who knows.
Regardless, if it was me, I'd simply contact the buyer and say "Since I haven't heard back, I'm not sure if you are no longer interested or having an issue. In any case, it's been 24 hours as we agreed and I have others interested. If I don't hear back by 8pm this evening, I'll sell it to the next person who has agreed to purchase. Thanks for your interest."
Then, I'd immediately contact the next person and say "It appears the previous person has gone silent. If I don't hear back by 8pm, it's yours. Where and when would you like to meet. I'll confirm at 8."

As mentioned, life happens and while a 'day' is 24 hours, perhaps he thinks he has until the end of today. Who knows.
Regardless, if it was me, I'd simply contact the buyer and say "Since I haven't heard back, I'm not sure if you are no longer interested or having an issue. In any case, it's been 24 hours as we agreed and I have others interested. If I don't hear back by 8pm this evening, I'll sell it to the next person who has agreed to purchase. Thanks for your interest."
Then, I'd immediately contact the next person and say "It appears the previous person has gone silent. If I don't hear back by 8pm, it's yours. Where and when would you like to meet. I'll confirm at 8."
That's actually exactly what I did.

Softening up a bit. Life happens. I lost out on a great deal because I called a seller two hours after I told him I would. My fault really. But honestly, if a buyer with 100% post feedback and over a hundred transactions told they were going to buy an item, absolutely....without conditions, wouldn't you be tempted to hold it for them? Is no one's word worth anything any longer?
I would have held it in those circumstances, but only in those circumstances

Spot on!!!

Back
Top Bottom