• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

No Carry Permit

Never asked to see one, and when some try to show me anyway you should see their face when I tell them "Yeah, I don't give a ****".
They look like I just stomped their state issued penis. And there in lies the truth of the matter for most, lol.

Yeah, I had a break in my carry permit, they even changed the name of it. Bought most of my guns on ODT in the break. No one ever asked. IF it was an issue with the seller, I'd just move on, just as I would for a BOS.

Sold a few guns, couple asked if I wanted to see their permit, Asked them if that was their car, did they buy the tag, answer is NO.

when I first started trading here it seemed to me that it was fairly common (and still is) to request a carry permit. I figured it was a safe way to not need paperwork since I loathe that. After awhile I found out paperwork wasnt needed and figured it was a quick and easy way to protect yourself from BS if anything ever happened with the firearm. So I decide to look this up and as far as I can tell absolutely nothing is needed to sell a firearm to another person in Georgia. BUT... from my understanding you can not sell to a non-resident. So would a drivers license be required?

If you're that anal about it, any ID that shows the purchaser is a GA resident would be good for the task. What I don't REALLY understand are the OCD sellers that insist you have a DL AND a GWL

Reason this comes up is I had a guy wanting to buy a pistol off me and something in his voice triggered me.
I asked if he had a carry permit and he said no but I've purchased at pawnshops before.

Heck, I've purchased at pawnshops before and not sure why that struck me as off. Probably half the people here browse the local pawn shops for a deal.

Tell him you will send it to the pawnshop of his choice and he can pick it up there.

I generally require a look at a carry permit if I am selling a modern handgun that is clearly intended to be a "concealed carry" pistol.

Not an antique or expensive "safe queen" collectible (Python).
Not a purely sporting gun like my High Standard Victor 22 target pistol, or a Winchester model 52 heavy bbl target rifle.
Not even a mil-surp long gun like a Garand, Mosin Nagant 91/30, or Mauser K 98.

But for a modern concealed carry handgun yes show me your permit to carry a gun like that out in public. I'm going to assume that's what you want it for.

Back
Top Bottom