• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

No Carry Permit

At the time our Founding Fathers created the Second Amendment they knew as evident in the Federalist Papers and wording of the 2nd Amendment itself that an armed citizenry should own firearms equivalent to those of any governments army — Given the possibility for a reoccurrence of the tyranny that they had just suffered they absolutely knew there was no point in having the right to form a non State sponsored militia if it wasn’t at least a somewhat level playing field weapon wise — Up to this point the US government has won the arms race against its citizenry as you have pointed out — Up to and including subjugation to the mentality that its proper as is apparent with your stance here

Interesting to note that after the war it was perfectly fine for “joe citizen” to have 3-pound “galloper” and the steadier 6 & 18 pound cannons in their barn on their farm and that these were state of the art battlefield implements of the time

Rights advance with Technology or they mean nothing

I mean you don’t think the founding fathers who had no idea of computers did not mean to extend your first amendment rights to that contraption you are typing on do you ?
It is amazing to me that these basic truths aren't known by every gun owner in America, if not every citizen. Sadly it is less amazing every day. It's clear these truths ARE known by the big government loving gun grabbers, on both 'sides'.

It is amazing to me that these basic truths aren't known by every gun owner in America, if not every citizen. Sadly it is less amazing every day. It's clear these truths ARE known by the big government loving gun grabbers, on both 'sides'.

Haters gonna hate

Statist gonna state

At the time our Founding Fathers created the Second Amendment they knew as evident in the Federalist Papers and wording of the 2nd Amendment itself that an armed citizenry should own firearms equivalent to those of any governments army — Given the possibility for a reoccurrence of the tyranny that they had just suffered they absolutely knew there was no point in having the right to form a non State sponsored militia if it wasn’t at least a somewhat level playing field weapon wise — Up to this point the US government has won the arms race against its citizenry as you have pointed out — Up to and including subjugation to the mentality that its proper as is apparent with your stance here

Interesting to note that after the war it was perfectly fine for “joe citizen” to have 3-pound “galloper” and the steadier 6 & 18 pound cannons in their barn on their farm and that these were state of the art battlefield implements of the time

Rights advance with Technology or they mean nothing

I mean you don’t think the founding fathers who had no idea of computers did not mean to extend your first amendment rights to that contraption you are typing on do you ?

People seem to think I am against ownership or even mag capacity or whatever.

The issue i am against is that people on both sides have abandoned common sense. Their is absolutely no need for a 13 year old child to have the ability to buy C4 at the 7-11. Infringement covers age does it not? There is no need for a guy that was just releases from prison to be able to buy a weapon that could destroy a few city blocks.

There IS however a terrorist threat that it would be wise for a normal CC person to be able to put down a small group of people that decided to attack others. Therefore an extended mag capacity pistol and/or AR.

The problem is that when people push to far to the left or right you get the problems we have now. People running out to buy ammo because they think they never will sell it again because fear and greed drives who ever is in power at them time. I would love for someone to explain just how they believe that if our government actually decided to enforce very strict ownership laws how they believe they could stand up against one of the most powerful forces on the planet. Not saying its impossible but I don't believe its as easy as people may think it will be. Id be willing to bet most owners wont risk losing absolutely everything they own and maybe even the lives of their family members to stand with you. A small percentage of chest beaters will make it a blood bath and it will make headlines. 50% of Americans are already against us based off the flip flop of voting. 50% or more Rep. wont risk a direct confrontation with the law and probably another 50% of that group wont risk their lives if it comes to it. That leaves small pockets of resistance that will have a difficult life. I'm just trying to look at it from what I think is a realistic perspective. If you feel otherwise I would like you to share. Thanks.

The issue i am against is that people on both sides have abandoned common sense. Their is absolutely no need for a 13 year old child to have the ability to buy C4 at the 7-11. Infringement covers age does it not? There is no need for a guy that was just releases from prison to be able to buy a weapon that could destroy a few city blocks.

Now they're going to call you a Democrat-voting pinko homo and say you secretly read Chairman Mao's Little Red Book instead of the Bible on Sundays, and have a Soviet flag on the wall of your garage.

And you'll be forced to defend yourself, saying that you're a faithful follower of brother John Birch, and a member of the Antioch Baptist Church, and that you don't even have a garage-- we can call and verify that with your wife!

When "the public" and "moderate politicians" see
gun owners as being like the image below,
increasing gun control will be intelligently debated and perhaps
passed, maybe not, but now and then some "reasonable" measure
on gun laws will pass.

s-l400.jpg

When the public and the politicians see us like this image below,

GettyImages_830775518.jpg

... it will be EASY to pass gun control restrictions, to fast track them without even thinking,
without a meaningful debate about civil liberties, the 2A, the commerce clause, the
Takings for Public Use clause, etc.
The people won't care about how the government goes about disarming a fringe group of loony losers.

There IS however a terrorist threat that it would be wise for a normal CC person to be able to put down a small group of people that decided to attack others. Therefore an extended mag capacity pistol and/or AR.

The problem is that when people push to far to the left or right you get the problems we have now. People running out to buy ammo because they think they never will sell it again because fear and greed drives who ever is in power at them time. I would love for someone to explain just how they believe that if our government actually decided to enforce very strict ownership laws how they believe they could stand up against one of the most powerful forces on the planet. Not saying its impossible but I don't believe its as easy as people may think it will be. Id be willing to bet most owners wont risk losing absolutely everything they own and maybe even the lives of their family members to stand with you. A small percentage of chest beaters will make it a blood bath and it will make headlines. 50% of Americans are already against us based off the flip flop of voting. 50% or more Rep. wont risk a direct confrontation with the law and probably another 50% of that group wont risk their lives if it comes to it. That leaves small pockets of resistance that will have a difficult life. I'm just trying to look at it from what I think is a realistic perspective. If you feel otherwise I would like you to share. Thanks.

No More Compromise

The issue i am against is that people on both sides have abandoned common sense.

The issue I have is that people on one side want them and the people on the other side want to slowly give them to them

Their is absolutely no need for a 13 year old child to have the ability to buy C4 at the 7-11. Infringement covers age does it not? There is no need for a guy that was just releases from prison to be able to buy a weapon that could destroy a few city blocks.

If he was released from prison then his debt was paid in full and he should be afforded all of the privileges afforded any other Citizen - If he hasn’t paid his debt then he shouldn’t be out period

My son at 13 could handled this same scenario - I’d bet my life on it - Making this not an age problem but a PPP problem

The problem is that when people push to far to the left or right you get the problems we have now. People running out to buy ammo because they think they never will sell it again because fear and greed drives who ever is in power at them time. I would love for someone to explain just how they believe that if our government actually decided to enforce very strict ownership laws how they believe they could stand up against one of the most powerful forces on the planet.

The Vietcong seem to handle it quite well against what was at the time the most powerful military force in the world - filled a black wall with names and removed the will from the aggressor - Then there is the IRA etc . . .

Not saying its impossible but I don’t believe its as easy as people may think it will be. Id be willing to bet most owners wont risk losing absolutely everything they own and maybe even the lives of their family members to stand with you. A small percentage of chest beaters will make it a blood bath and it will make headlines.

I agree and most of these are CIA agent provocateur‘s

50% of Americans are already against us based off the flip flop of voting. 50% or more Rep. wont risk a direct confrontation with the law and probably another 50% of that group wont risk their lives if it comes to it. That leaves small pockets of resistance that will have a difficult life.

Agreed - Probably about 3%
Which to your point is not a number that will easily get it done a second time

I’m just trying to look at it from what I think is a realistic perspective. If you feel otherwise I would like you to share. Thanks.

Reading this thread has completely convinced me ! I see the light ! You all are right, i dont need any of those ill conceived implements of destruction. I am going to go destroy all my stuff now. I dont want it to fall into the wrong hands either.
Thank-you! thank-you!! thank-you !!

When "the public" and "moderate politicians" see
gun owners as being like the image below,
increasing gun control will be intelligently debated and perhaps
passed, maybe not, but now and then some "reasonable" measure
on gun laws will pass.

s-l400.jpg

When the public and the politicians see us like this image below,

GettyImages_830775518.jpg

... it will be EASY to pass gun control restrictions, to fast track them without even thinking,
without a meaningful debate about civil liberties, the 2A, the commerce clause, the
Takings for Public Use clause, etc.
The people won't care about how the government goes about disarming a fringe group of loony losers.

The track record for handling it like you suggest is what has got us to our current state of infringement

We should concentrate on our joint goals at not how some of us might look or our differences

In fact raising generations with this mentality hasn’t helped

Another example of PPP and its detriment to society

All this and shilling within pro 2nd amendment groups has us worried about the arrangement of the deck chairs on the Titanic

Reading this thread has completely convinced me ! I see the light ! You all are right, i dont need any of those ill conceived implements of destruction. I am going to go destroy all my stuff now. I dont want it to fall into the wrong hands either.
Thank-you! thank-you!! thank-you !!

If you would like you can store that stuff over at my house till you recover from your illness

Back
Top Bottom