• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Night vision

You should be able to squeeze that into 5k. Get you an unfilmed White Phosphor Gen 3 PVS-14 w/ L3 tubes, if you look around for about $3,500, Team Wendy or similar bump helmet for $300, and choices on lasers for civilians are the tough part. ATPIAL-C is good for most anything you will need it for if you are just working a helmet-mounted mono and also of course has the cool "clone" factor. The MAWL-C is a step up in civilian cloak, but much more expensive. If you find a way to obtain a restricted version, I would go back to the ATPIAL instead of the MAWL.
Then that’s exactly what I’m going to start looking for. Do you have a place you recommend I buy from?

Then that’s exactly what I’m going to start looking for. Do you have a place you recommend I buy from?
As much I as I don't like their sales methods at times, TNVC is not a bad spot to buy and the warranty's are really good.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

As much I as I don't like their sales methods at times, TNVC is not a bad spot to buy and the warranty's are really good.

I second TNVC and Burdy Burdy set up suggestion. I've purchased most of my NV from TNVC. I haven't had any negative experiences with their sales methods and their customer service is great. The bad thing with them though, is many items are on back order and can take months to get. Chip and Sam Houston are always willing to hop on the phone with you and talk through what you need/want to do. I have a filmed green tube PVS-14 set up and a dual tube unfilmed white phosphor set up. Once you see unfilmed WP, you'll never want to look through green tubes again, but they do run more expensive.

Here's a set up similar to what Burdy Burdy suggested and very similar to my first set up, except mine were the green filmed tubes. You can get the unfilmed WP one for about $500 more than this set up, but for your budget I suggested the thin-filmed. Still a great tube. Special note, if your running a helmet mounted setup ALWAYS use the lanyard. You don't want to have spent that kind of money and have that ****er get knocked off and hit the ground. The BUMP helmet is what I have. Works great and you can upgrade the pads; highly recommended. I personally don't think you need a counter weight for a PVS-14, but that's an option too. I run one with my dual tubes. The Wilcox L4 G11 Mount - Army is an upgraded mount that basically gets rid of a lot of the wobble.

These are just suggestions. Shop around and/or buy used. I see a lot of this stuff come up for sale on here.

upload_2020-7-1_10-38-5.png

I second TNVC and Burdy Burdy set up suggestion. I've purchased most of my NV from TNVC. I haven't had any negative experiences with their sales methods and their customer service is great. The bad thing with them though, is many items are on back order and can take months to get. Chip and Sam Houston are always willing to hop on the phone with you and talk through what you need/want to do. I have a filmed green tube PVS-14 set up and a dual tube unfilmed white phosphor set up. Once you see unfilmed WP, you'll never want to look through green tubes again, but they do run more expensive.

Here's a set up similar to what Burdy Burdy suggested and very similar to my first set up, except mine were the green filmed tubes. You can get the unfilmed WP one for about $500 more than this set up, but for your budget I suggested the thin-filmed. Still a great tube. Special note, if your running a helmet mounted setup ALWAYS use the lanyard. You don't want to have spent that kind of money and have that ****er get knocked off and hit the ground. The BUMP helmet is what I have. Works great and you can upgrade the pads; highly recommended. I personally don't think you need a counter weight for a PVS-14, but that's an option too. I run one with my dual tubes. The Wilcox L4 G11 Mount - Army is an upgraded mount that basically gets rid of a lot of the wobble.

These are just suggestions. Shop around and/or buy used. I see a lot of this stuff come up for sale on here.

View attachment 2696692
Chip is no longer at TNVC, he's over at Unity Tactical now.

Back
Top Bottom