• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Nice second night catch.

Holy Cow- awesome pics and great looking cats. Those are well fed cats. I have a ton of questions

What do you do with them once you dispatch them? Do you eat them? or do anything with the furs? Have you taken any to a taxidermist? What's the reason for trapping for bobcats? Is it just to help the local turkey population?

Is it normal for that many cats to be in one area- i always thought bobcats were more isolated from each other.

And with that many cats, i find it unbelievable you have any rabbits in the same area? Any idea what these cats main food source is?

Holy Cow- awesome pics and great looking cats. Those are well fed cats. I have a ton of questions

What do you do with them once you dispatch them? Do you eat them? or do anything with the furs? Have you taken any to a taxidermist? What's the reason for trapping for bobcats? Is it just to help the local turkey population?

Is it normal for that many cats to be in one area- i always thought bobcats were more isolated from each other.

And with that many cats, i find it unbelievable you have any rabbits in the same area? Any idea what these cats main food source is?

For the most part I freeze them until I decide what to do with them. I am dabbling a little in taxidermy myself so I plan to attempt to mount about 3 of them. I am waiting on the materials to show up to start on one now. I did have one member on here say he would like a tanned pelt as a wall hanger so I will do that for him eventually. I like predator trapping to take pressure off of rabbit, turkey and deer populations. I always thought bobcats were more territorial than this. I talked to an older local trapper and he said 8 cats off the same property in that short span is crazy. He said best he did on one property was 5 cats that were spread out on a longer timeline. My guess is they prey primarily on rabbits, field rats and mice and the occasional fawn.

Back
Top Bottom