• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Nice find I forgot about!!

BIGLEW

Air Force Icon Supporter
AKA: BIG PRETTY - BDR1
446   0
Reaction score
I was going to my baseball cards, and came across this Cal Ripken rookie card. It's priced on eBay right now for around $1000. But I will never find somebody to pay that much for it!!! Lol

Any other baseball card collectors out there??

Attachments

• IMG_0897.JPG
    IMG_0897.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 70
I have a bunch, hadnt even looked at them in years. I just type in roo6mie card and sort by highest in ebay to see what happens. Got some good laughs!

I have a bunch, hadnt even looked at them in years. I just type in roo6mie card and sort by highest in ebay to see what happens. Got some good laughs!

Yeah, this is the first time I have looked at mine and a number of years myself. I would like to sit with them, get them all organized, and all that good stuff. However, with 4 kids and working all the time I doubt I get to do that anytime soon.

......Any other baseball card collectors out there??

Not a baseball card collector, but I do have all my grandfathers old World Series ticket stubs, several of them from back when it was called the National Championship Series. I have stubs from the 1920's,30's,40's,50's, and the year 1960, IIRC. There's also a Super Bowl ticket (from around 1970) , some Kentucky Derby tickets from the 20's-30's,etc, and my mother has a handful as well, that include one from ringside at a Muhamed Ali championship fight !!

Big card collector here!! If anyone has any questions about values or the like I'll do my best to answer as I try and keep up with the hobby when I can. I even setup at some local shows selling some of my cards from time to time. Keeps me sane I guess! :becky:

My brother in law ran a card and comic book shop back in Baton Rouge some years ago. He was killed in a robbery, and my wife has all of the cards and comics from the shop. A large part of my garage attic is boxes and boxes of this stuff. We sorted and cataloged the comics, but there are sooo many cards, I don't think I'll ever know what all is there.

IMO that is a card worth getting graded and stabbed by a reputable grader. PSA or Beckett.
I have albums and albums of baseball cards... mostly all worthless lol.

My brother in law ran a card and comic book shop back in Baton Rouge some years ago. He was killed in a robbery, and my wife has all of the cards and comics from the shop. A large part of my garage attic is boxes and boxes of this stuff. We sorted and cataloged the comics, but there are sooo many cards, I don't think I'll ever know what all is there.

So sorry to hear that. That is tragic to say the least. If you ever need any help identifying what something is just shoot me a PM and I'll see if I can help out.

Back
Top Bottom