• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Next up... Rhineland Arms...

bluesman2a

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
32   0
Reaction score
So I've been eyeing the Rhineland arms stocks for a while now (please excuse the crappy phone-pics).

I'm planning a long-term 10-22 build for my wife/son and I thought this might be an interesting stock, so I picked one of these up to have around. While I was there, I noticed that they have the same stock for the Savage Mark II's, which has become a favorite plinker recently. I picked one of those up too, just to see how it compares to the Boyd's Tacticool stock I have it in now.

For comparison, the savage as it stands now:

I liked the Boyd's stock, it was essentially a drop in fit. Very tight but not overly so. Slapped some new bottom metal on it and it was good to go.

My last 10-22 build in a Bell & Carlson Odyessy stock:

So we'll see how these new ones stack up. I have to admit, I'm a complete novice when it comes to fitting and inletting stocks. I'll post more as I learn it, but initially these stocks look to be very nice/clean work. I like the adjustability especially for the wife and boy. The only down-side I can say so far was the initial ship-time. I made the order and waited over a month for what was supposedly "in-stock" product. Once I sent the company an email politely asking when they expected to ship the product shipped the next day.

Back
Top Bottom