• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Next can purchase

KingTuna

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
15   0
Reaction score
Need some advice for you guys with multiple cans. I just got the hybrid and Spectre II out of jail. Shooting suppressed is just so much fun. I like shooting the hybrid on a pistol, but she is a bit on the thicker and heavier side. It does a good job in my opinion on my Ruger American Ranch in 762x39 and rifle calibers, so I think I'm covered there. What I really need is a dedicated pistol can. I've really been eyeing the wolfman, but it seems to be hard to find in stock anywhere. My LGS has the Omega 9k and 45k, Ghost M 45, and I think a Gemtech 9 and maybe one other.

The wolfman is more of a subgun kinda can I believe. At 1.6" it's a fatty for a pistol and a little on the heavy side. I have a rugged obsidian 45, great can, and at 1.3" it works better with suppressor sights.

Damn, I didn't realize the wolfman was that thick. I knew it had a short and long setup, 5 and 7 if I remember right. That's almost the size of my hybrid. I'll have to read up on the rugged obsidian.

Dead Air quality control has been hit or miss here lately.

I like my Wolfman it works even with the issues I have.
DA would fix the issue in a second, but dammit you wait a year or more to get some thing you expect it to be perfect.

Then there is the fiasco with the three lug mounts.

My next can will be Griffin Optimus micro if I don't change my mind before then.

On the baffles the notches are supposed to be aligned in a row, not staggered.
It may or may not affect performance.
It is a simple quality control issue and never should have happened.

Three lug mounts have been found not to stay tight and now are marked 9mm or .45 I believe.

During a transition period of manufacturing and in a hurry to meet demand I think a few items that were 99% got out or mixed up.

Dead Air would correct any problem if I cared enough to send the part in.

This is an excerpt from a Todd McGee post

Wolfman baffles are pressed together and then welded. Sometimes during assembly, they'll rotate a little while being pressed together and you'll never get them apart after that. A little bit of variation like that has absolutely no impact on performance.

**This kind of thing is strictly controlled in the new processes**. It's one of the reasons for the improvement.

Dead Air quality control has been hit or miss here lately.

I like my Wolfman it works even with the issues I have.
DA would fix the issue in a second, but dammit you wait a year or more to get some thing you expect it to be perfect.

Then there is the fiasco with the three lug mounts.

My next can will be Griffin Optimus micro if I don't change my mind before then.

optimus micro next on my list as well.

Oh..and back to your original topic.

The Wolfman will be a bit on the larger/heavy side for a pistol... But works well as a sub gun or rifle can.

The heavier a can is can affect pistol dwell time which is some thing to consider before purchase.

Try to find some reviews of cans on your type of pistol.

Back
Top Bottom