• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Tundra unveiled

Second vote for FUGLY...

Second that (or is now 4th?). Thought about getting a new truck that can do better with hauling than my little 2015 Tacoma. But, I don't think I've ever seen an uglier vehicle (save for the electric mustang/new pinto). Guess I'll be looking at an F-250 or something along that line. :confused2::fear::puke:New Tundra

Yuck
Looks like the Taco
And no V-8 ?
The V8 was what made the tundras so fun to drive. Man that thing was
Powerful .
Much much more
Power than the 6.0 Silverado .

the company I work for had a couple of tundras and F150s and Silverado’s and the tundra was by far my favorite to drive

At this point in truck designs of this age, what will matter most is how good the drivetrain is. Given Toyota build quality and longevity being a main factor in their designing, the Toyota might be the better long term investment.

Personally I can't stand any of the new designs, exterior or interior like infotainment systems with massive touchscreens. I'd rather buy a 70's truck and swap in a modern drivetrain. I'd really love that new 7.3 gas engine from Ford in an older body.
We have a 76 chevy 4wd with a 2002 LS 5.3 and a five speed manual and vintage air AC

No plastic , only has one computer to run the engine.

Ugly but I still think it looks better than the Titan or the new Fords. If the twin turbo V6 was diesel I'd be a lot more interested. Still dont understand why Toyota has yet to make a diesel option. I dont really have a need for a diesel, but if its a gas engine, I still want a V8 in a truck.

I also still dont understand why the 4.6L V8 was an option for the Tundra for all these years, but they never made it an option for the newer Tacomas that are the same size as the older Tundras.

Ugly but I still think it looks better than the Titan or the new Fords. If the twin turbo V6 was diesel I'd be a lot more interested. Still dont understand why Toyota has yet to make a diesel option. I dont really have a need for a diesel, but if its a gas engine, I still want a V8 in a truck.

They only sell 100k of the GAS trucks, I"m sure a Diesel would cost more, add more R&D costs, and sell far less units than the GAS. So its a business decision. I don't' see it working to only sell 25k units a year.

Now with being said it would be cool, especially if they could make a 2500 size Tundra, TUNDRA HD. The issue they would need to offer tradesman/work edition (cheap) for all the people needing them trucks to buy it and thats not really their game commercial units on trucks.

They only sell 100k of the GAS trucks, I"m sure a Diesel would cost more, add more R&D costs, and sell far less units than the GAS. So its a business decision. I don't' see it working to only sell 25k units a year.

Now with being said it would be cool, especially if they could make a 2500 size Tundra, TUNDRA HD. The issue they would need to offer tradesman/work edition (cheap) for all the people needing them trucks to buy it and thats not really their game commercial units on trucks.
They offer, or they used to , a bare bones version with a rubber floor and vinyl seats but it didn’t sell very well.

I can’t believe they got rid of the V8

Toyota is the ONE company that doesn’t need to worry about the pickups ruining their CAFE numbers .

It's pretty hideous and it's probably what I would buy if I were in the market for a new truck. I'm going to drive the wheels off my 2nd gen Tacoma though.

Back
Top Bottom