• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New to ODT with plenty left to learn

DieHardpal.gif

Have been hanging around the last couple of months, came here originally for the classifieds, but have found some other interesting & informative stuff here, so decided to join.

I'm sure this will seem odd to some but I came here looking to purchase my first gun actually, but still haven't pulled the trigger yet (pun intended). Have spent plenty of time outdoors hiking, camping, kayaking, paintball etc, just never owned my own gun. Took recommendations from friends & coworkers, then went to the range a couple of times & found one the wife & I both liked around Christmas but they didn't have it in stock.

Screwed around for too long and now we have this crap show going on & can't find one new that's not overpriced. Have seen a few on here, but having never owned one, I'm ignorant as to what to look for really in a used gun & now Gwinnett has put a hold on getting a carry license, so my timing has never been better.

https://www.gwinnettcourts.com/probate/georgia-weapons-carry-license

Anyway, thanks for the forums and all the info, its definitely been appreciated
Well, based on this post, you're already admitting that you don't know EVERYTHING there is to know about guns, so you obviously are NOT a Glock type of guy. Lots of great advice on ODT, especially from those that know wood and steel!

Welcome!

Have been hanging around the last couple of months, came here originally for the classifieds, but have found some other interesting & informative stuff here, so decided to join.

I'm sure this will seem odd to some but I came here looking to purchase my first gun actually, but still haven't pulled the trigger yet (pun intended). Have spent plenty of time outdoors hiking, camping, kayaking, paintball etc, just never owned my own gun. Took recommendations from friends & coworkers, then went to the range a couple of times & found one the wife & I both liked around Christmas but they didn't have it in stock.

Screwed around for too long and now we have this crap show going on & can't find one new that's not overpriced. Have seen a few on here, but having never owned one, I'm ignorant as to what to look for really in a used gun & now Gwinnett has put a hold on getting a carry license, so my timing has never been better.

https://www.gwinnettcourts.com/probate/georgia-weapons-carry-license

Anyway, thanks for the forums and all the info, its definitely been appreciated

Welcome to ODT. If you place a wanted to buy ad only deal with established members with good feedback. There have been a few scammers running around here.

Back
Top Bottom