• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New to Crossbows

I've never decocked a crossbow. I keep my target in my garage and shoot one in it when Im done hunting for the day.
In GA it is illegal to have a loaded crossbow in a vehicle. If the string is cocked, bolt or no bolt, it is considered loaded by the DNR.

That’s why I just stick with a compound bow. I’ve never shot a crossbow, but I’ve picked up a bunch and all of them feel heavy and not balanced to me. Which my bow only weighs 3.2 pounds though

In GA it is illegal to have a loaded crossbow in a vehicle. If the string is cocked, bolt or no bolt, it is considered loaded by the DNR.

Well damn. Fort Gordon rules are different. Ill start shooting one into the ground when I get to my truck.

If you wanta know how a thumb feels by struck by the bow string on a crossbow,just lay your thumb on the cement driveway a have someone with a sledgehammer hit it as hard as they can. Then that's not even close to pain

2 guys on here have felt the twang
Umm, cough cough....three.

Well damn. Fort Gordon rules are different. Ill start shooting one into the ground when I get to my truck.
Carry a small target in your truck dood, damn. lol

If you wanta know how a thumb feels by struck by the bow string on a crossbow,just lay your thumb on the cement driveway a have someone with a sledgehammer hit it as hard as they can. Then that's not even close to pain
Sheesh, what a wuss. Lol! Just kidding buddy, it hurts for sure. I was wearing a glove when I got nailed, hurt about 1000 times worse when I puled the glove off and air hit it! Actually tore a little piece of my thumb off through the glove, that’ll get your attention right quick. Lol!

I git sick to my stomach,turned white as a sheet my wife said,and had the shakes I was gritting my teeth so hard...hot water as hot as I could stand it eased the pain some...just always pay attention to what your doing and be safe

I git sick to my stomach,turned white as a sheet my wife said,and had the shakes I was gritting my teeth so hard...hot water as hot as I could stand it eased the pain some...just always pay attention to what your doing and be safe
Man that sucks. I’ll tell you something else that hurts like hell that not many people think about. That is getting stung by a cow ant. Them bastards hurt like a mother f****r

Back
Top Bottom