Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
383   0
Reaction score
Well I went from this beast of a ride:

IMG_2014.JPG

to this:

IMG_2330.jpg

Although the truck is actually a much nicer vehicle a new project was in order so I picked up an OBS roller and the work has started.

IMG_2477.jpg

The stance is way to high and the wheels and paint are ugly but the body is in perfect shape, no bangs or bruises and no rust to speak of.

You can't just put any motor in a project truck so I opted for a Mark IV 454. It had seen better days but those original old school M/T valve cover made it worth it.

IMG_2629.jpg

As I was saying, better days.

IMG_2659.jpg

After the machine shop and a complete rebuild it was much better though and we just bolted up the brand new 700r4 and JBA ceramic headers this past weekend.

IMG_3385.jpg

and made her happy in her new home.

IMG_3396.jpg

It did get a new set of wheels already also.

18x8 Front and 18x9 Rear Torq Thurst II

62135897763__065365DB-D4CB-4C39-B24D-795F059256AF.JPG

Yes, the rear end was narrowed 1.5" on each side so those 5" backspace wheels would work and I can still run 11" wide tires. While we had it apart we stuck so 3.73 gears in there too.

The new alternator, water pump, fuel pump, radiator, distributor, plugs, wires and a slew of bolts will all be here tomorrow.

The 4/6 Western Chassis Drop has been ordered but I may not see it for a month.

There is still a long way to go and a lot of money left to spend but it's getting there.

IMG_3363.jpg

Brings back memories back in my time. Keep an eye on those M/T valve covers, they are known for leaking oil and get some good gaskets, but they do look good. Put them on all my Rods back in the day.

Back
Top Bottom