• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New members who don't like to PM

Made a lot of deals on here before but the recent negative interactions and classless behavior is making me pretty over it. Had to fight a meg the other day when a newbie negged me after he stood me up.

Then tonight delay with a jerk of a new member who decided he didn’t like my first offer and instead of negotiating he starts insulting me. Another for the ignore list.

I've been PM'ing a guy to buy a rifle from at his asking price and haven't heard anything from him though I know he's been on the site daily since I did. I gave him my cell number to text or call, and nothing. He's about to get a neg feedback from me, though I don't think they mean anything anymore. He'll probably PM me a WTF after I do.

I'm not gonna give you my number, I'm not gonna text you. PM me your offers, and once deal has been struck and everything agreed on in PM, we can talk on the phone. Maybe. I still might not give you my number. :deadhorse:

EDIT: I'm not opposed to exchanging contact info once we've established something via PM. I'm talking about the influx of members who just joined in the last day or two, just sending me their phone number. No offer, no I'll take it, just a phone number.

I even told one "the words you seem to be grasping for are "I'll take it"". Never heard from that one again.

I've had the same. Like the 19 year old (according to his profile) who made offers, publicly, on every .380 for sale on the trader. With his phone number on some of them. In his first 12 hours on the site. Uh, no.

Bravo Bravo..! Interpersonal skills and verbal communication have taken a dump....
In my official duties at work I often end up with teams comprised of youngsters, sometimes fresh out of college with this as their first job. As a general observation the younger the population the less skilled they are at actually communicating with human beings verbally and (God forbid), face to face conversations. That creates some clash of expectations at times and I wonder if it's just me getting too old and out of touch or if we're all going to have to eventually train these kidlets how to interact with real live people.

It's not you-- it's them. They're scared of cars and motorcycles too. Can't change tires, don't know how to figure out anything that's not in Google, etc. Life is going to eat them alive.

I've been PM'ing a guy to buy a rifle from at his asking price and haven't heard anything from him though I know he's been on the site daily since I did. I gave him my cell number to text or call, and nothing. He's about to get a neg feedback from me, though I don't think they mean anything anymore. He'll probably PM me a WTF after I do.

You can't neg someone for not talking you.

Back
Top Bottom