• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New members who don't like to PM

If I make an offer or say I'll take it, I include my name and cell so seller knows how to get in touch with me in a PM. Working off shifts sometimes makes it hard to communicate with sellers.

PM for all negotiations. not gonna do biness in the comment section. once deal has been made exchange numbers. its just easier the day of the meet to keep good communication by phone. this seems to work out for me. text or call or both. doesn't matter to me.

^^^^^^This ^^^^^

I have had more than a couple that were too busy and couldn't take the time to pm, not even to finalize the details. Sorry no deal.

By all means, you guys keep being a PIA to deal with so us guys that dont have issues using a phone can keep getting the good deals!! LOL Some of yall cry about the silliest ****! Like a bunch of little girls on here sometimes!!

:rolleyes:

My method seems to work....over 500 deals to date.:D

In my official duties at work I often end up with teams comprised of youngsters, sometimes fresh out of college with this as their first job. As a general observation the younger the population the less skilled they are at actually communicating with human beings verbally and (God forbid), face to face conversations. That creates some clash of expectations at times and I wonder if it's just me getting too old and out of touch or if we're all going to have to eventually train these kidlets how to interact with real live people.

My significant other is a speech and language pathologist and they are having kids show up in school who have never carried on a conversation. They've watched TV for 4 or 5 years while their parents have played on their phones.

The children have adequate comprehension skills from watching TV but have no clue as to what are the appropriate responses to carry on a conversation, or respond to a question. They especially don't have any idea about the non-verbal cues necessary to carry on a conversation. These are normally intelligent children, so you can imagine what they will be like as young adults.

In my official duties at work I often end up with teams comprised of youngsters, sometimes fresh out of college with this as their first job. As a general observation the younger the population the less skilled they are at actually communicating with human beings verbally and (God forbid), face to face conversations. That creates some clash of expectations at times and I wonder if it's just me getting too old and out of touch or if we're all going to have to eventually train these kidlets how to interact with real live people.
It seems the more ways we have to communicate with each other the less likely we are to actually carry on a conversation.

Back
Top Bottom