• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New members during these chaotic and trying times...

I don't have a lot of buy/trades/sell in the 8 years I've been here cause I tend to keep what I buy. That said, when I do put something out here I look and posts and feedback from interested traders. The last piece I put on here for sale was just recently and I was contacted by pm and offer was made and I accepted. It was very close to asking price. I saw the trader had "0" feedback but had made a few posts and had a couple of likes. I just asked him via pm if he lived here and how long. He responded back that he had lived here a few years and had a GA DL , BUT, was gonna have to back out of the deal because he was short on funds... made me wonder...
Wife said no.

Yep. Today I got what a bunch of y’all have already. I posted a WTB ad and immediately got an “email me I have what you need” from a BRAND new member. I PM’ed him and he said to PayPal the money then he’d ship it to my FFL.

UH. NO.

Yep. Today I got what a bunch of y’all have already. I posted a WTB ad and immediately got an “email me I have what you need” from a BRAND new member. I PM’ed him and he said to PayPal the money then he’d ship it to my FFL.

UH. NO.

I just wonder how many people fall for that crap. I would think red flags and bells dinging like crazy getting a pm like that

UH. NO.

How about ask him for all kinds of pictures, measurements and basic questions just to waste his time. Then days later tell him you've sent the money and have him waste more time trying to look for it.

UH. NO.
We got a regular member who tried this with me

Back
Top Bottom