• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New M1 Garand stock $25 !

jeep78

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
36   0
Reaction score
25 bucks plus shippimg is a good deal for a spare stock. These are likely Greek Beech stocks and are VERY large in dimension, but if you can sand, you can get a very good looking stock out of it. The inletting was correct on the ones I got.

25 bucks plus shippimg is a good deal for a spare stock. These are likely Greek Beech stocks and are VERY large in dimension, but if you can sand, you can get a very good looking stock out of it. The inletting was correct on the ones I got.

They're probably "Korean" size stocks. They were made a little bit thicker in parts supposedly to stand up to the adverse weather. You can see the difference primarily in the barrel band areas, IIRC... I also remember that's the style that Boyds sells.....

Note: They aren't kidding about these needing some sanding, but with a little work, they turn out fine.

I put 8 to 10 coats of real tung oil on them, and they really pop. I sold the last one I had several years ago from the last time they had these in stock.

I do not like shooting a Garand in a vintage stock, I would rather swap in one of these than risk destroying an $800 stock. Then put the original back on when done.

One thing I didn't mention is the quick shipping. They ship really fast.

Whereas, if you order parts from CMP, they take 3 weeks or more to ship.

Back
Top Bottom