• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New JTS M12AK

Didn't buy it for it's looks...so far I have not seen a bad review yet on the reliability of the gun once it is broke in....haven't seen any AK gun that had great fit and finish.....besides at $499 I didn't expect it to be beautiful.....jmo

Just a related update, I was on the ak12 market and ended up passing on the JTS-12 and going with the SDS Lynx.
The Lynx is compatable with saiga 12 mags + accessories (furniture, muzzle devices, etc). I was able to snag one for $400 + $80 for a drum from deguns. It has been super reliable on any ammo.

They are actually at an all time low of $386 (You have to price match).

Lynx.JPG

https://www.deguns.net/sds-imports-lynx-12-742309782309-p/lh12hf.htm

Also in response to the original Poster's message the trunnion on the rear is different than the standard akm trunnion, and it is proprietary and wont let you use ak stocks, but if you are going to unrivet it and replace it do know you cannot use standard akm trunnions, use an ak74 / ak100 series rear trunnion. You must also replace the rear recoil spring guide base to fit into the new trunnion.
I know this is an older string, but TAC 47 carries an adapter block which allows you to attach an AR15 style threaded tube!
Again, you guys may know this now seeing that it’s an old post.

Picked mine up at Academy several weeks ago on a spur of the moment purchase. Once I got it home I popped the top to disassemble and clean it and noticed lots of oily sandy grit covering the internals. Like their oil vat had been contaminated with sand and they didnt care. So I did a complete disassemble of the gun, cleaned everything with brake clean and reassembled with Hoppes. After that I manually cycled the action about 100 times until it smoothed out quite a bit.

About a week later I took it to the range. Weather was bad so I shot slugs through it on the indoor range. I had the blowback dial at 2 and had zero failures out of 50 rounds using Remington sluggers and some unknown Winchester slugs. All 2 3/4". I was shooting standing at 27 yards with the elevation set for 25 yards and it consistently shot 6" low and to the right and grouping was right at 4". Im sure with more practice Ill get better :-)

Only complaint about the gun is there are no attachment points for a sling. Traditional AK slings will not work due to lack of an attachment ring up front.
Im certainly open for input from anyone who might have ideas on this....
blue force gear loops and 550 cord

my dad got one from PSA for $350. they were pushing these for a while. runs great. we like it a lot. i would buy another.
I almost bought the JTS before I saw SDS was selling a threaded version that takes standard ak furniture.
Would you pay $500? I think thats the current going rate.

I almost bought the JTS before I saw SDS was selling a threaded version that takes standard ak furniture.
Would you pay $500? I think thats the current going rate.

i am a cheap ass. that said.. now that we have one and i've got a few hundred rounds through it the answer would be yes. i think they started out cheap to get them moving. the only thing it doesn't like is low brass less powdered bird shot.

Picked mine up at Academy several weeks ago on a spur of the moment purchase. Once I got it home I popped the top to disassemble and clean it and noticed lots of oily sandy grit covering the internals. Like their oil vat had been contaminated with sand and they didnt care. So I did a complete disassemble of the gun, cleaned everything with brake clean and reassembled with Hoppes. After that I manually cycled the action about 100 times until it smoothed out quite a bit.

About a week later I took it to the range. Weather was bad so I shot slugs through it on the indoor range. I had the blowback dial at 2 and had zero failures out of 50 rounds using Remington sluggers and some unknown Winchester slugs. All 2 3/4". I was shooting standing at 27 yards with the elevation set for 25 yards and it consistently shot 6" low and to the right and grouping was right at 4". Im sure with more practice Ill get better :-)

Only complaint about the gun is there are no attachment points for a sling. Traditional AK slings will not work due to lack of an attachment ring up front.
Im certainly open for input from anyone who might have ideas on this....

we ended up going with this setup. i might have ordered from this site, but i do know that we ended up with like three of them from whomever i ordered it from. I have an extra if you want it. i can get it next time i go to the family farm. should be in the next week or so.
https://jemachinetech.us/ak47-sling-adapter/

Back
Top Bottom