• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

new here and joined because I found a particular gun I'm interested in. Hi to everyone

The way the above statement is worded it implies that if a South Carolina resident were to drive into Georgia, he could legally buy a long gun from another private citizen without getting an FFL involved.

But that's not true; an FFL would have to be used in one of the two states.
Either the Georgia guy goes to South Carolina and meet up at a South Carolina gun shop (I did this A few years ago when I was the seller and a South Carolina resident wanted to buy my Weatherby Mark V)...

...or the South Carolina guy drives into Georgia and they meet at a Georgia FFL dealer's place.

You should go read the thread and see what deal was offered.

First start out building up your reputation, talking in the forums, engaging in a good pasture thread, maybe buying something small (not a firearm) to increase your trading rating. We all started with zero posts, but no feedback, low post count, out of state, most people are not going to respond to that, just way too many red flags.

Good luck and we look forward to you engaging in our community.

First start out building up your reputation, talking in the forums, engaging in a good pasture thread, maybe buying something small (not a firearm) to increase your trading rating. We all started with zero posts, but no feedback, low post count, out of state, most people are not going to respond to that, just way too many red flags.

Good luck and we look forward to you engaging in our community.
Thanks for the advice and the encouragement...And I can understand the other guys view point.. I'd probly think it was a scam too.

Welcome to the ODT barlowlc barlowlc !
As others have said....the guy probably is just being cautious, if he is a regular member. We are mostly a GA group and mostly do FTF type sales/meets . A bunch of these guys don’t want to ship, don’t want to go through any FFLs, etc.,

Just hang in there and be persistent. He may answer and deal with you. The site is not completely full of hermits. Lol. Good luck !

DieHard.gif

Back
Top Bottom