• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New "Good Deal" & "Deal of The Day" Features!

Okuma

Space Force Icon Supporter
crocodylus pontifex
Staff member
Administrator
275   0
Reaction score
We've added some new features to the classifieds section, I'll detail them below.

"Good Deal!" Button

We have a new "Good Deal!" button in the classifieds, it is located next to the like button in the first post of any listing.

Screen Shot 2017-07-29 at 10.36.30 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-29 at 10.36.40 AM.png

Every 24 hours you are allowed to give 3 Good Deal ratings to someone else's ad. You are also allowed to remove your good deal rating from one ad and then give it to another ad.​

Deal of The Day

Whichever ad has the most Good Deal votes at any time will be displayed as the "Deal of the Day!" Only ads that are less than 48 hours old are eligible to be the deal of the day.

This is what it looks like in thread view:
Screen Shot 2017-07-29 at 10.56.18 AM.png

And this is what is displayed at the top of the ad:
Screen Shot 2017-07-29 at 10.44.44 AM.png

The deal of the day can reset every 30 minutes so we could have multiple deals of the day.​

There may be a few bugs in the system, please report them here and I will get them fixed as soon as possible.

The Good Deal button is not showing up in the "Old Default" and "Shades of Green" styles, I'll try and get that fixed sometime this weekend, just have to get in touch with the developer.

Also, how hard would it be to do like the real estate sites, and put a counter on how many days the ad has been listed, then hand out legos for every 3 months the ad stays up.

Back
Top Bottom