new Dead Air Wolfman 9mm sub gun can

SpeedyR

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
122   0
Reaction score
https://deadairsilencers.com/products/wolfman/

wolfman-main.png

What started out as mild plastic surgery for some in-line improvements to the Wolf-9SD ended up turning into an entirely new beast. The Wolfman is the next generation of suppression. Like its predecessor, it’s a modular, multi-caliber suppressor. It specializes in subgun, light-duty rifle, and pistol use. It provides ultimate suppression in its full-length configuration while still providing exceptional performance when set up in the short configuration. The Wolfman also has an Ace up its sleeve, the front cap can contain a user-provided rubber wipe that can drop suppression levels even further.

Construction is fully welded 17-4 PH stainless steel that brings ultimate strength while keeping the suppressor as light as possible. It’s the ultimate mix of toughness and lightweight. The suppressor is designed for maximum muzzle suppression while also maximizing at-ear performance for the shooter through the use of a large internal volume and generous blast chamber.

The Wolfman ships with a 1/2-28 direct thread mount and features a wipe compatible front cap (tool included). Wipes are user replaceable with commonly available rubber washer sizes.

WOLFMAN SPECS
Rating: 5.56, 300BLK, 7.62x39, 9X39, 350 Legend, (semi-only on supersonic rifle ammo), .380, 9mm
Length (Long, no mount): 7.5"
Length (Short, no mount): 5.13"
Weight (Long, no mount): 14.4 oz.
Weight (Short, no mount): 9.8 oz.
Diameter: 1.618"
Finish: Cerakote
Mount: Ships with 1/2-28 direct-thread insert
MSRP: $965.00

Looks pretty nice...

Hmm, not sure about this "The Wolfman also has an Ace up its sleeve, the front cap can contain a user-provided rubber wipe that can drop suppression levels even further".
ATF has ruled that user serviceable wipes are considered suppressor parts.

Hmm, not sure about this "The Wolfman also has an Ace up its sleeve, the front cap can contain a user-provided rubber wipe that can drop suppression levels even further".
ATF has ruled that user serviceable wipes are considered suppressor parts.
Not when they don’t include extras, and they are available at the hardware store....

This was just posted on another site. This is from Todd with Dead Air.

Here's a super quick lowdown. I'm not going to be online much today so here's more info:

Optimized more for 300BLK and supers. It'll be light duty, as in no full auto. It's also optimized for 9X39. This is now our quietest 300BLK suppressor, with averages dropping down into the low 120's.

The short configuration has been optimized for performance in 9mm. It went from 4.1" to 5.1", but that buys you a 10dB improvement in performance on an MP5 with 3-lug. The 3-lug is the worst case mount, with how how it moves the muzzle inside the blast chamber. Those with fairly flush mount 3-lugs see a huge drop in performance. We're about .3" longer than those, but it won't hurt performance. The old design was supposed to be as short as it could go while still being hearing safe. This time we decided to make it sound awesome.

Long configuration in 9mm will still sit in the low 120's like before also.

The wipe cap is a fun addition for the short config. It doesn't really do much in the long config since it's already so optimized. You can put whatever wipe you want in there as long as it's 1" diameter down to about 5/8" diameter. There's a threaded in wipe retainer that holds it down and it has little ridges that hold odd shaped wipes well. As in, it can be square if you never learned how to cut perfect circles with scissors. That's a tad smaller diameter than our old Ghost one, but you can trim it down in seconds and it'll fit. This won't be an accessory, because ATF and competitors sending letters to them. BUT. We should have some type of upgrade program in the future. Also note that his is our current riflesocket pattern (1.125-28 with taper lock). Just throwing that out there.

Todd Magee
Dead Air Monster Squad Team Lead

I’ve been researching 9mm suppressors. This looks like the one. Short configuration should be very manageable on a G45 or 19X. Wonder what the street price will be? Any good shops in Ga that stock DeadAir and make the paperwork simple for NFA newbies?

I’ve been researching 9mm suppressors. This looks like the one. Short configuration should be very manageable on a G45 or 19X. Wonder what the street price will be? Any good shops in Ga that stock DeadAir and make the paperwork simple for NFA newbies?
They just officially announced this can within a day or 2 ago, so not sure if they have shipped any out to dealers yet. Silencershop has them listed as available to backorder for $799.
I would recommend contacting Quiet Riot Firearms in McDonough to see about getting one through them. Jake and his crew are good people and will walk you through everything.
Here is a link to silencershop
https://www.silencershop.com/silencers/pistol/dead-air-wolfman.html

Quiet Riot or Martins in alpharetta usually has some dead air cans in stock. but given that it's brand new and I haven't seen any shipping dates, it might be a while before they are shipping.

I'm thinking I might need a Nomad and one of these in the near future myself.

can't wait to see what KB thinks of the wolfman. lol.

I'm a huge fan of dead air but they are pretty much reinventing the wheel at this point and this goes for other mfgs as well. Only so many ways to make a modular muffler.

Square, round, take down, sealed, interchangeable end caps, mounting options, exotic materials and the such. Only so much one can do with a certain product.

I will agree that "silencers" as a whole has came along way from it's predecessors but the year of the suppressor has came and went, everything else is just a costume.

I wanted the wolf for my next can, to use on my Scorpion and maybe 300blk, the added wipe end cap just solidifies the Wolfman as my next can.

When is the Key micro going to be revealed?

Back
Top Bottom