• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Crossbow

Here is what I learned from experience. I have a Horton 175 lb pull. I aim where I want to hit, and I can put all in a bull at 35 yards, whether on the ground, on a ladder, or on top of my two story house. Just aim where you want it to hit. Elevation makes no difference. My xbow has a better trigger than most of my rifles. I stalk with it cocked and loaded. I carry a field tip and a target in my truck to unload with. I can put it in the kill zone at 55 yards. Every time. I will hold 10 inches high at 55 yds. Most deer are 10" from top of back to top of head. That is my reference in the field. I don`t normally use it at that range due to lower velocity. I use 125 grain shockwave tips(mechanical). I use a red/green dot scope. Not good in low light. I tried a rifle scope one time, but it wouldn`t sight in, so I put the red/green back on. I lube the arrow track with vaseline, kept in a bowl on the crossbow itself, just under the broadhead. My bow is more accurate with aluminum bolts than with carbon. So is my compound. BTW, I can recock the crossbow in my treelounge. All this info works for me, don`t know about others.

Crippen.
That’s messed up dude.
I just got a set of limbs shipped my way....in the mail as we speak.
They never even asked me if I was the original owner.
First set they said the warranty is for anyone that owns it regardless.
Don’t know why the change of heart all of the sudden.
I’m perplexed.

Wait till I get
my limbs before ratting me out....lol.
Seriously I’d happily pay $100 as long as I got them fast.

Crippen.
That’s messed up dude.
I just got a set of limbs shipped my way....in the mail as we speak.
They never even asked me if I was the original owner.
First set they said the warranty is for anyone that owns it regardless.
Don’t know why the change of heart all of the sudden.
I’m perplexed.

Wait till I get
my limbs before ratting me out....lol.
Seriously I’d happily pay $100 as long as I got them fast.

Yeah $100 isn’t bad. And now I’m in a total of $850 for what is pretty much a brand new bow. I’m looking forward to sitting in the blind with it.

Here is what I learned from experience. I have a Horton 375 lb pull. I aim where I want to hit, and I can put all in a bull at 35 yards, whether on the ground, on a ladder, or on top of my two story house. Just aim where you want it to hit. Elevation makes no difference. My xbow has a better trigger than most of my rifles. I stalk with it cocked and loaded. I carry a field tip and a target in my truck to unload with. I can put it in the kill zone at 55 yards. Every time. I will hold 10 inches high at 55 yds. Most deer are 10" from top of back to top of head. That is my reference in the field. I don`t normally use it at that range due to lower velocity. I use 125 grain shockwave tips(mechanical). I use a red/green dot scope. Not good in low light. I tried a rifle scope one time, but it wouldn`t sight in, so I put the red/green back on. I lube the arrow track with vaseline, kept in a bowl on the crossbow itself, just under the broadhead. My bow is more accurate with aluminum bolts than with carbon. So is my compound. BTW, I can recock the crossbow in my treelounge. All this info works for me, don`t know about others.
375 lbs holy moly batman!!!!

Back
Top Bottom