• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Crossbow

I sent an email and pic to Excalibur’s warranty dept earlier this evening. I’ll try Dawn next.

Love, love, love the crossbow though. The handful of bolts I got to fire where a blast.​

Cool...if they don’t come through Dawn will hook you up.

Yeah man....I’m in the same boat ...I’m waiting on my limbs form excal as we speak for the micro but my exomax did the job tonight.
AlwYs check your limbs for cracks or chips in the paint.
If you run a cotton ball down the limb while cocked you’ll find any stress cracks .
If you tell that to excal they will say “That’s all we need to hear....new limbs coming your way.
Best friggin warranty on the planet.

I have a Excaliber you can have if you want to come get it some time. Sorry about your bow man.

IMG_0123[1].JPG

To kind man! Thanks for the offer, that’s awesome. I’m good though. I’ll get a limb or two and be gtg.
Right on man. I hope you get it worked out and get to go on that hunt.

Edit; These bows require a special string. I forget what they are called but they shouldn't break.

It’s all good. I’ll go fishing this weekend if I can’t hunt. I’ve got access to a small lake right now that a 10 and a 13 lb bass have been caught out of. They were both released. Maybe this is a sign that one of them will bite Saturday. :)

It’s all good. I’ll go fishing this weekend if I can’t hunt. I’ve got access to a small lake right now that a 10 and a 13 lb bass have been caught out of. They were both released. Maybe this is a sign that one of them will bite Saturday. :)
Heck yeah!!! Good luck fishin then. ;)

Edit; These bows require a special string. I forget what they are called but they shouldn't break.

fast flemish string.
You can do standard string or the fast flemish string but I’d recommend excalibur strings made for your model.
I’ve ised both standard and flemish ....I’m using a standard right now as a back up to my flemish on my exomax .....no sight adjustments needed after restringing.....busted bambi tonight.

Crossbows are crazy fast nowadays, but keep in mind that the speed of sound always wins the race. A deer hears the bow string twang long before the bolt ever makes it to them. This may not be much of an issue inside 20 yards, but at 40+, it’s a different story. I’d aim for the little white pocket down low and behind the shoulder at 30-40 yards so that if they duck a little you still centerpunch the lungs.
Keep your thumb out of the string path. It’ll mangle your thumb.
Shoot a heavier broadhead up front for a higher FOC and to have more mass weight. It’ll increase the bolt’s penetration.
Know your shot angles, both while elevated and the angle the deer’s body is turned towards you. Your exit should be near the off-side shoulder.
Best of luck to you sir!

Back
Top Bottom