• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Crossbow

So do you zero at 20 yards. I took a couple practice shots from 40. I was off hand and wasn't really trying to zero just wanted to hit the block near center and see what it felt like to pull the trigger a couple times with the new toy. Was hoping to shoot for a half hour or so this evening but it doesn't look like I will be out of the office in time.

Yeah zero at 20.
Most shots in Ga woods will be at or under 20 yards
anyways.

So I’m watching you tube videos and learning. Educate me ODT.
What else do I need to know?

Practice Practice Practice
More Practice.jpg
:)

Practice Practice Practice
View attachment 2822086 :)

You can also start at 5 or 10 yards just to make sure you are on the target, you will destroy less bolts that way, after that work your way up to 20. Make sure you are dialed in at 20 yards, if you can use a rifle shooting sled and a table just to take out user error, its the same way as sighting in a rifle. Once you dial in your 20 yards perfectly go out to 30 yards now here is where things change, from what I have seen at 30 yards you only move the speed dial on the scope do not adjust the crosshairs only adjust the speed dial after that you should be on point of aim point of impact on the 40,50 and 60 yards. If I'm wrong someone can correct me.

You can also start at 5 or 10 yards just to make sure you are on the target, you will destroy less bolts that way, after that work your way up to 20. Make sure you are dialed in at 20 yards, if you can use a rifle shooting sled and a table just to take out user error, its the same way as sighting in a rifle. Once you dial in your 20 yards perfectly go out to 30 yards now here is where things change, from what I have seen at 30 yards you only move the speed dial on the scope do not adjust the crosshairs only adjust the speed dial after that you should be on point of aim point of impact on the 40,50 and 60 yards. If I'm wrong someone can correct me.

dang it payneed payneed

your photo shop work is being taking seriously lol!!! I didn’t miss the entire block. Payneed is making me look bad by augmenting media again.

^^LMAO.

For some reason my buddy’s crossbow would not hit the target and he was maxed out on elevation.
I told him to turn the elevation knob the other way all the way till it stops and count the clicks ....then go back the other way but only half of the number of max clicks....then you’re centered.
He tried it and still it wouldn’t work.
I ended up bending his scope bracket , repeated the process and it was finally able to sight in with clicks to spare.
The was no way to shim his scope or rail.
Why did I mention this?
Cause I’ve seen plenty of crossbows do this because their scope mounts are kinda hokey on some makes.

You should have no problem sighting your excalibur at 20 yards....it’s recommended at 20 yard zero.....anything less you will be driving your arrows too deep and ruining your fletching pulling through.

Don’t jerk your trigger and get yourself a small table and a sandbag to steady your aim.
You’ll be surprised how accurate they are if you do you’re part.
Also when on a deer it’s amazing how confident and steady you’ll be once familiar with that thing.
If you’re not a shaky buck fever kinda guy you’ll kick some serious tail with it.

Back
Top Bottom