• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Build for my Hoe!

C0A24EC1-6F1F-424F-870F-2CD09CC7EB4F.jpeg
F1D3EBA9-446F-4F32-9A74-F2390ED5ECF4.jpeg
B2C87E51-A335-4D8D-82C3-CBE690C29B02.jpeg

Damn I wish I would have caught you before you did the trunnion rebuild. I yanked my engine at 7500 miles when I built it up. I put heads, cam and springs,chromoly pushrods, yella terra roller rockers, titanium retainers, Kooks headers and their high flow cat and their 3 inch pipe all the way back, electric cut out and a nitrous system with a rear good nitrous control unit and too much other stuff to list. I left nothing out. I was going to suggest changing out the trunnions out in my low mile rockers. I wish I would have caught you in time. I have all the LS dedicated tools. Then I went on to brakes and suspension. I left nothing no stone unturned. I still have some LS stuff laying around. If I am run in to any while I am packing I will send them out to ya.

I hope you didn't put beehive springs in there. That's the worst thing you can do if you put a good sized bumpstick. I have had to go into several motors and replace with double springs because the beehive doesn't have a back up flat spring. Not one for stiffness but just a backup spring. All these LS guys say use beehive spring because they will take up to .600 lift. Two of the three engines I changed the springs out it has just under .600 lift. They are strong up to about .222-.224 lift and will allow higher RPM's on those lift numbers but if you get up around .600-.700 lift and have ARP rod bolt you can spool those engines up to 7500 to 8000 RPM. They will do 7200 with the factory. With those high lift cams even though they are made from chrome silicone the compress the spring to much. I have seen the beehives break under 3500 RPM.As expensive as it is to repair that damage I can't see why in the world builders would put beehives in at over .228 duration. I put a .232-.234 duration .595-.600 lift and with titanium retainers that engine would spool to 8000 grand.

I built my car for handling, and light street use with a 6 speed so I did't put a 12 bolt in it. I had to leave like a grand ma off the line so I wouldn't break the 10 bolt so I could only get down to 12 second quarter but my trap speed was 130 MPH. My trap speed was 15 to 20 MPH faster than the 10 sec. cars. LOL That was a fun car to drive. I outran so many Corvettes on the street. I sent a lot of vette owners home sulking because I pulled them so hard on the highway.

This next car I am just building a older style mopar engine with a ton of nitrous. I will also back half the car so I can come off the line on the nitrous at 2500-3500 RPM. With 700 HP I should break 10's fairly easy. I am going fogger system on this one.
shopping
with a tunnel ram I can make good use form 5000-8000 RPM.

Back
Top Bottom