• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Build for my Hoe!

Built 4L65 with 2800/3200 stall
I did that once. It was a waste of money. I blew it to smithereens. Then bought a really nice 4l80. I finally after thousands of miles stripped the input shaft splines out of the torque converter. I should have gone with a stock4l80e with a shift kit from the start.

I did that once. It was a waste of money. I blew it to smithereens. Then bought a really nice 4l80. I finally after thousands of miles stripped the input shaft splines out of the torque converter. I should have gone with a stock4l80e with a shift kit from the start.
its a daily driver no drag racing...maybe... its good to go with what im going to use it for.

C5F59EB0-D54A-4066-8DF4-D296C326FD2F.jpeg

heads are sitting on the motor, still waiting for some trunnion upgrade parts for the rockers and few other little parts before the heads go permanently.

New style gaskets take up quite a bit. And I’m plus .001 + pistons in the hole so I’m going to be close to 11 to 1 compression.

No
I talking about when you reduce the height of the block and reduce the height of the heads

You’ve changed the angle of the V where the intake sits

It may or may not be a problem with the newer plastic intake manifolds

With the old metal ones you gotta have the machine shop put a slightly different angle on the intake surfaces where it meets the heads

No
I talking about when you reduce the height of the block and reduce the height of the heads

With the old metal ones you gotta have the machine shop put a slightly different angle on the intake surfaces where it meets the heads
Plastic TSS INTAKE and the gaskets are thicker than stock so not even a worry.

No

I ended up not cutting the block and did a clean up cut on heads..since i used late model Gen V 5.3 flat tops with floating pins..the pin to top of piston height was changed...so that being said my piston is at deck height and everything else is were it should be

That’s Gonna be nice

We put a 5.3 with 279k miles on it in my sons 76 K-10 Chevy and it early has twice the power of the old 350 that was in it

We did a compression check with it sitting on the ground and replaced the intake and valve cover gaskets and rear main seal

Uses a little oil but it still runs great

I didn’t know you had a MC accident
Here’s to a speedy recovery

You had the blue Camaro right ?

That’s Gonna be nice

We put a 5.3 with 279k miles on it in my sons 76 K-10 Chevy and it early has twice the power of the old 350 that was in it

We did a compression check with it sitting on the ground and replaced the intake and valve cover gaskets and rear main seal

Uses a little oil but it still runs great

I didn’t know you had a MC accident
Here’s to a speedy recovery

You had the blue Camaro right ?
Appreciate it sir and yes on the blue Z/28. Sold it back in 2017 bought the motorcycle that almost killed me. So going back to car/ trucks to keep my mind off riding for a while. These 5.3 motors are easy to work on and relatively inexpensive to build and maintain. Honestly I haven’t even looked back with the old small blocks with the power potential with these LS motors. Plus I will have a spare motor to rebuild in future.

Back
Top Bottom