• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Build for my Hoe!

I am not so sure about your fuel pump. My stock fuel pump supported all my mods and 150 HP of nitrous. That was it and on the line. One HP more of nitrous would raise all sorts of hell. I ordered an external hog of a pump and installed it. Then poured the nitrous to it. I recommend buying and tuner and taking the class. The information and dynamics that go on is staggering and extremely interesting. I bought the diagnostic suite as well. I can diagnose and repair anything on a LS engine with both those programs. Problems shops can't. Some problems only show up under load. You can select a meter or graph for what ever you want to monitor. You watch the graph when you put the car under a load and it will stick out like a sore thumb when the problem starts.

That's a great looking set up. I polished all my engine parts as well. I can't tell you the hours it took just to do the valve covers. So I appreciate the commitment it took there. My Trans Am RamAir took runner up in the F-Body highly modified class one year. This next build isn't going to be so prettied up. It's going to get down and dirty for the track.

Oh hell yeah! Nothing like hearing that rumble on a first fire up. You gotta love it! It's a man thing and only a man thing. God made a special place in mans heart for that sound. That's the only way I can describe it. Post when you can so I can live get a taste.

I can't wait to start mine. I will have to find a decent car first. I am afraid that is going to be the hard part. A really big piece of me wants to just say to hell with looks and do a 70-72 Dodge Dart. At 2850 lbs. with 800 plus HP would be fun. That's a full second off the slip just in weight. Theoretically of course. I will see how she does at 800-850 for a few runs and then just start dumping it in. The engine will have 500 easy and the Pro fogger systems are good for a 500 shot.

I don't get nervous on the first start up, it's exiting. I tell what does make you sweat is hitting the nitrous the very first time, before any NOS jet tuning has been done. :faint2: :fear:

well guys they say failure is not an option...sometimes its unpredictable...she ran..sounded good and then i lost oil pressure it had a few hours run time on it and something happened.. I pulled oil filter thinking it might have stopped up and it did..lots of aluminum...something has gone wrong with oil pump the only thing aluminum...other than pistons..very small amount of break in metallics..magnetic.. so through several weekends I have been swapping out the new and refreshing the old. This weekend i finished up the install and restart on the original....I have a video of the motor hitting a good chop ( the new motor) but haven't put it up on YouTube channel yet..So that being said i will pull the new one apart and see what happened.! and i will take Y,all along for the journey. I have built many motors and bike motors..this is my first failure..Honestly im glad its mine and not someone else's that was built for them..Its been a long fight filled journey getting this in and out and back running again.

well guys they say failure is not an option...sometimes its unpredictable...she ran..sounded good and then i lost oil pressure it had a few hours run time on it and something happened.. I pulled oil filter thinking it might have stopped up and it did..lots of aluminum...something has gone wrong with oil pump the only thing aluminum...other than pistons..very small amount of break in metallics..magnetic.. so through several weekends I have been swapping out the new and refreshing the old. This weekend i finished up the install and restart on the original....I have a video of the motor hitting a good chop ( the new motor) but haven't put it up on YouTube channel yet..So that being said i will pull the new one apart and see what happened.! and i will take Y,all along for the journey. I have built many motors and bike motors..this is my first failure..Honestly im glad its mine and not someone else's that was built for them..Its been a long fight filled journey getting this in and out and back running again.
That sucks but at least you didn't go down on another bike. Rebuilding and replacing another engine is way cheaper and easier than a leg amputation. .. . .. Aint I a cheerful guy. LOL

My buddy replaced a trans in his trailblazer SS. Somehow a bolt backed out pf the flexplate and locked everything up. He parted the thing out thinking the motor seized. Nope. Way simpler than that.

Its funny, when i set the old motor (Refreshed) back in, I got a service call and had to leave it unfinished..when i got back the cherry picker ram had leaked own setting it perfectly on the mounts and the trans jack had leaked down to mating these together...cant make this **** up.. she wanted her old motor back. so when i came back to it I stuck the trans bolts in it and converter bolts..and started the reassembling all back onto motor.. she runs fine has excellent oil pressure( cleaned oil pick up tube & screen) and installed new oil pan while inspecting old motor. I will be looking for something smaller to put the new one in once issue is resolved.

Back
Top Bottom