• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New 9mm bullet I am trying

gyppo

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
NRA Instructor
173   0
Reaction score
A friend was shooting Wilson combat loaded ammo in 135 9mm TCFPs that looked like they would feed well because of the pointed profile.
The bullets are Berrys and have a hollow base.
I am going to load them in 9mm minor and try them.
I like the 124 RMR TCFPs but they will not run in my latest MPX.
They hit a ridge and cause a FTF often.
If this bullet works out it is probably going to be my main 9 minor load.
26860E9F-A7F9-490E-8E30-EA0677550751.jpeg
C1D03E70-DF64-415E-A89F-9D6728923101.jpeg

What length are you loading them?....I've had good luck with the hornady smooth version...and they are as accurate as any I've tried...like a string

Most of my loads are for two specific pistols which by luck have almost the same distance to the lands for TC bullets. I load .020 off the lands for those two guns.
For my MPX and general pistol rounds, I load to max chamber length of a double alpha case gauge. The match 9mm minor rounds I shoot, work better with the longest bullet possible I have considered getting a finish reamer and lengthening the chambers on my two primary match guns. The only downside is I might end up with a load that is dangerously long in normal guns.
I shot iron sights and do not practice precision shots. The most precision I need is about 5x5 inches at 45 feet. If I can make that shot I am satisfied.

I like the idea of the coated bullets but I primarily shoot indoors and Imam concerned about the polymer and lead being vaporized and breathing it.

Back
Top Bottom