• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Netflix Indicted by Texas Grand Jury for ‘Cuties’ Film

Its sad you even think this should be protected under the consittution

The First Amendment wouldn't be very useful if everybody had to believe, worship, and speak the way the mob wanted.

If ever there was a time to understand and appreciate that, it's now.

The First Amendment wouldn't be very useful if everybody had to believe, worship, and speak the way the mob wanted.

If ever there was a time to understand and appreciate that, it's now.

Got it. Sexualizing children aka going against the value system necessary to maintain the constitution is ok because the law says so

Got it. Sexualizing children aka going against the value system necessary to maintain the constitution is ok because the law says so

We have laws against sexual acts with children. And laws against posing them without clothing. But what does "sexualizing children" mean? Where do you draw that line? Beauty paegants? Fifteen year old cheerleaders with skirts above their knees? What's the community standard? Who decides that? You? Me? The local Baptist church? A Mosque? A group of Hassidic Jews? Would you accept their standards? Some would have the women and girls in your life covered from heel to neck in heavy garments, whenever in public.

From everything I've read and heard about the film, it seems like inappropriate behavior for underage girls, and in poor taste, at least by my standards and likely those of my neighbors. But that's not a legal standard. It's just an opinion.

We don't have to watch. So let's not watch. But let's not give up control of free expression, either, simply because the message makes us uncomfortable.

We have laws against sexual acts with children. And laws against posing them without clothing. But what does "sexualizing children" mean? Where do you draw that line? Beauty paegants? Fifteen year old cheerleaders with skirts above their knees? What's the community standard? Who decides that? You? Me? The local Baptist church? A Mosque? A group of Hassidic Jews? Would you accept their standards? Some would have the women and girls in your life covered from heel to neck in heavy garments, whenever in public.

From everything I've read and heard about the film, it seems like inappropriate behavior for underage girls, and in poor taste, at least by my standards and likely those of my neighbors. But that's not a legal standard. It's just an opinion.

We don't have to watch. So let's not watch. But let's not give up control of free expression, either, simply because the message makes us uncomfortable.

Non argument.

Non argument.

If you can't formulate a meaningful response, that'll have to do.

Another thought: Historically, and even still in some societies today, when a girl hits puberty, society "sexualizes" her. By that, I mean she becomes valued for her sexual and reproductive function, even to the point of being sold or traded to other families, or forced into a specific future in an arranged marriage.

Most of western society has been steadily advancing the idea that women do better in society by not assigning that type of value to them, and instead allowing their brains fully develop into adulthood, leaving them with control of their own bodies, so they have autonomy to chose a future that suits them. A.K.A., individual liberty.

For whatever reason, we seem to have hit a regression point. Some call it third wave feminism. The idea being, women (young girls included) can weaponize their sexual status into social power, to exert control over others. I don't have a clue how this started, or why anyone thinks it's productive, but it's rife through popular culture now, and a really bad idea.

Anybody ever watch the movie “Kids” some time ago? I don’t remember the Puritans going berserk back then.

Anyhow, I started watching this to see what the controversy was about, but only got about 30 min into it so far. It reminds me of the “Kids” movie in that it focuses on a group of rotten, promiscuous kids and their antics. These are not your average 11 year olds being depicted in this film. The main character is actually a muslim girl, from a typical religious (strict) family, who is enamored by a clique of raunchy, over-sexualized girls that want to compete in a twerking competition. The dichotomy between the girls is the main storyline. The sub-plot is that these girls are just following the example of older girls that are part of dance teams whom compete in twerking competitions. They simply are emulating what they see in today’s society. Twerking is pretty savage in general, but nothing short of disturbing when performed by 11 year olds so I see why the quakers and puritans are revolting .

Now, why the producers of the film felt like this story needed to be told I will never understand. It’s not a movie that had to be made or story that had to be told. They could’ve easily substituted twerking for other ambitions, but this is what they went with. Maybe it’s a big thing in France? IDK. It does make me a bit suspect though with the state of the world today.

If you can't formulate a meaningful response, that'll have to do.

Another thought: Historically, and even still in some societies today, when a girl hits puberty, society "sexualizes" her. By that, I mean she becomes valued for her sexual and reproductive function, even to the point of being sold or traded to other families, or forced into a specific future in an arranged marriage.

Most of western society has been steadily advancing the idea that women do better in society by not assigning that type of value to them, and instead allowing their brains fully develop into adulthood, leaving them with control of their own bodies, so they have autonomy to chose a future that suits them. A.K.A., individual liberty.

For whatever reason, we seem to have hit a regression point. Some call it third wave feminism. The idea being, women (young girls included) can weaponize their sexual status into social power, to exert control over others. I don't have a clue how this started, or why anyone thinks it's productive, but it's rife through popular culture now, and a really bad idea.

Liberty isnt compatible with degeneracy. Wether ot not its legal. I suggest you take some time to see why this film is so disgusting.
Secondly, when you allow things like this to become normal you undermine the founding values of your country which is why its necessary to put pressure on those who pump filth such as cuties or WAP as normal and "just free speech"

We're in a culture war where anyone who has WASP values is now a fascist in the eyes popculture and media.

Anybody ever watch the movie “Kids” some time ago? I don’t remember the Puritans going berserk back then.

Anyhow, I started watching this to see what the controversy was about, but only got about 30 min into it so far. It reminds me of the “Kids” movie in that it focuses on a group of rotten, promiscuous kids and their antics. These are not your average 11 year olds being depicted in this film. The main character is actually a muslim girl, from a typical religious (strict) family, who is enamored by a clique of raunchy, over-sexualized girls that want to compete in a twerking competition. The dichotomy between the girls is the main storyline. The sub-plot is that these girls are just following the example of older girls that are part of dance teams whom compete in twerking competitions. They simply are emulating what they see in today’s society. Twerking is pretty savage in general, but nothing short of disturbing when performed by 11 year olds so I see why the quakers and puritans are revolting .

Now, why the producers of the film felt like this story needed to be told I will never understand. It’s not a movie that had to be made or story that had to be told. They could’ve easily substituted twerking for other ambitions, but this is what they went with. Maybe it’s a big thing in France? IDK. It does make me a bit suspect though with the state of the world today.

harmony korine wrote and directed "kids" It was a ****ed up look at teenagers in NYC during the 90's AIDS epidemic. It was also critically acclaimed. Parents were URGED to watch "kids" so they were aware of out of control youth using drugs and engaging in promiscuous sex.

Korine also made the movie "Gummo" which...is wayyyyy more ****ed up. all of his movies are trashy art pieces of ****.

Back
Top Bottom