• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

need tractor brought from Illinois to Ga. Anyone up for a haul?

@manland1 are you saying just hire someone? the truck, trailer, tractor and bush hog should be under 26,000lbs. I never even considered needing a CDL. just not that heavy I think.

Combination vehicle CDL weight is 10,000 pounds. That is 26,000 on a straight truck. If he has a guy who will haul it for $600 plus fuel he needs to hand out the cash like his wallet is on fire. My math says about $600 in fuel and a hotel. The $600 plus fuel is a bargain. I met a guy who got a untagged truck ticket in TN at Manchester scales. They charged him a nickel a pound for everything the truck weighted 73,200lbs. in addition to about 4 other tickets and they held his truck. All said and done his untagged new truck cost him over $5,500 in tags and fines.

airbnb??? In Spfld IL ?? the best hotel there, the Crowne Plaza went bankrupt about 5 years ago and it did a lot of State of Illinois business. MicroTel, Red Roof or HI Express would have been good enough for me.

airbnb??? In Spfld IL ?? the best hotel there, the Crowne Plaza went bankrupt about 5 years ago and it did a lot of State of Illinois business. MicroTel, Red Roof or HI Express would have been good enough for me.

I went with my fiance. this was the best part of the trip for her. would have paid double. haha. it was great and I don't like crowds. didn't even meet the owners.

this is where we stayed
https://abnb.me/4KgMOCTJXfb

I thought I was choosing an experienced reputable company by going with a more expensive quote from a well rated company. it cost me $1700 but maybe should have just gone with one of the quotes around $1200-1400.

Was it actually through a company, or through a freight broker?

I went with my fiance. this was the best part of the trip for her. would have paid double. haha. it was great and I don't like crowds. didn't even meet the owners.

this is where we stayed
https://abnb.me/4KgMOCTJXfb

My wife grew up on a farm about 35 miles south of Spfld, and on a clear night with the lights off the sky was spectacular. See a meteor a minute.

Back
Top Bottom