• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need to reblue an old Remington 48

Jinx

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
9   2
Reaction score
Help, I am looking for a good gunsmith in the NE Georgia area who can reblue an old Remington military shot gun. I tried a guy in Buford and he did the worse job possible and charged an arm and a leg. Do you know someone who knows what they are doing and the cost is reasonable. My father in law carried this gun during WW2. It’s similar to the Browning A5 so it would be nice if I could brighten the chrome while I am at. Thanks for any recommendations you could pass along.

If your gun looks like an A5 then you have a model 11 Remington. The model 48 (11-48) was the grandfather of the model 1100. No hump in the reveiver
Owned a military model 11 years ago..

As for the bluing, check with Skybreaker gunworks in Juliet. Seth does hot and rust bluing specializes in restorations

If your gun looks like an A5 then you have a model 11 Remington. The model 48 (11-48) was the grandfather of the model 1100. No hump in the reveiver
Owned a military model 11 years ago..

As for the bluing, check with Skybreaker gunworks in Juliet. Seth does hot and rust bluing specializes in restorations
This gentleman knows his Remingtons.

Back
Top Bottom