Need Storage Shed Mover - Resolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

RotoTerrier

Default rank <400 posts Supporter
Survivalist
32   0
Reaction score
Looking to have my storage shed moved. It's on skids. Alum siding and roof, wood framing. It was a pre-fab. Long, rectangular. Will post exact measurements shortly, but I believe it's 10' wide x 20' long.

Needs to move about 150 feet from one side of my back yard to another spot.

Would need it to be repositioned and leveled in the process. I already have a fairly smooth location picked. Leveling should be simple.

Fayetteville, GA

Rectangular. Came with the house. No idea who made it or delivered it. I just need it moved out of the way to a different spot in my back yard to make room for something else.

11.5 Wide x 23.5 long x 10ft Tall.

It has been many years ago, but Fayette Wrecker moved a storage shed for me with one of their larger flatbeds.

I had an almost level spot to move it to but the driver of the flatbed lifted enough for me to slide pavers under the runners to level.

If you place the runners on pavers or cap blocks you should have enought clearance to lift the corner with a floor jack even if the building settles a bit after moving.

On the bright side if the building is not perfectly level, if you spill a bag of lead shot it will all roll the lowest corner for easier cleanup.... not that it ever happened to me ;-)

Leveling is not that big a deal. A pile of cap blocks, some wedges, a hammer , and a shovel. A bottle jack or a floor jack comes in handy, as well.

Under an hour, that includes several Natty-Light breaks.

I only use the shed for storing outdoor stuff....I save the shot spillage for my basement floor. Seems to take years to get them all tracked down and vacuumed up.

I might give the local tow company a call and see if they can come move it for me. I've considered just hooking my tractor to it and dragging it, but I don't want to risk damaging it. It is still a nice shed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom