• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need someone to replace exterior door/frame

alnen

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
230   0
Reaction score
I'm replacing the old one because we are in need of a dog door and the old door is glass and not conducive to dog door installation.

Located in Dallas

Does the frame need to be replaced? the door blanks come in 2'4 2'6 2'8 and 3'0. You can buy blanks for each size at a home store and get raped at home depot. Get the size door that fits the frame, and a pack of cedar shims. Buy 3 sharp chisels. Leave the hinges and mark them for the new door, shimming for the appropriate gaps. Then chisel the hinges to match. then cut the dog door in. If needed buy 2 filet,1 baked potatoes. With 118 feedbacks and a six pack of Heineken I could help when I sober up.

Seriously its not that hard and I can help if needed.

Does the frame need to be replaced? the door blanks come in 2'4 2'6 2'8 and 3'0. You can buy blanks for each size at a home store and get raped at home depot. Get the size door that fits the frame, and a pack of cedar shims. Buy 3 sharp chisels. Leave the hinges and mark them for the new door, shimming for the appropriate gaps. Then chisel the hinges to match. then cut the dog door in. If needed buy 2 filet,1 baked potatoes. With 118 feedbacks and a six pack of Heineken I could help when I sober up.

Seriously its not that hard and I can help if needed.

I figure that I probably should replace the frame. The bottom had rotted out before I bought the house, and it looks like the previous owner had his 3 year old stick some white Play-Doh in it as filler.

I may take you up on your help, thanks for the offer!

Hey buddy, give me a call. 706-581-1961. i can take care of it for you. Heck i was actually a homedepot contractor for a good while, installing all of their doors sold, but they rape customers on the costs and never want to pay the contractor so I dumped that deal with them. However, ive installed several hundred doors, if you need it done, just holler buddy. ive done work for other guys here if you wanna reach out to them to verify.

Back
Top Bottom