• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need some holes dug and filled with quickrete... Your choice, cash or ammo?

alnen

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
231   0
Reaction score
The job is to dig 18 28" holes using a 2 man auger, removing the loose dirt, then placing quickrete tubes and filling them with quickrete. The next part is to place a pressure plate or bolt for pressure plate on top, I haven't decided which yet. It will be important to align them and make sure they're level. After that, I'll just need you guys to carry the lumber needed to build a 16x12' deck from the driveway to the deck site, which is about 50 yards downgrade. I've got it from that point.

Your help is greatly appreciated, and I'll need 2 odt'rs for the job (you'll each get $200). I can also pay in 9mm if you'd rather have that (800 rounds of factory brass case). Your choice. Thanks!

You having the concrete delivered, or mixing by hand?

Quickrete 50# bags mixed on site. I've got a couple 5 gallon buckets, a water hose, and a drill so one can stir while the other adds concrete. I don't have a bit that stirs, but can look at picking one up.

$200.00 might get ya 4 holes.

I think you may have misunderstood me. I'm not for the type of hole that costs that kind of money, lol. And if it was, I assure you that I wouldn't be trying to hire from a board of dudes, lol.

What I'm talking about it is good old fashioned manual yard work labor. About 30-60 seconds of holding onto the bucking broncho, working it up and down, then moving on to the next hole. Then, after all holes have been reamed, you gotta clean them out. I guess I can see where the confusion came from, lol.

Sounds like two young guys, and plenty of supervision if you want the top of the tubes all level with each other. One of those laser leveling devices would probably be worth having.

Back
Top Bottom