Need some advice, marines??

I'd you want to join go for it. If you're unsure, don't. Marine Reserves are great, but swapping from reserve to active is very very hard. Or you can join the Marines, do your tour get out and go to the ermy. You don't have to go back through boot camp. As far as be stationed far from home, yep far from home but you will always have a new home.

I tried to join the Marines during the Clinton years while they were downsizing a little and ended up giving up and not doing it. Now that I'm older, I wished I would have stuck with it and kept trying to get in.

Great organization. I wouldn't recommend joining if you are struggling emotionally. Take a serious look at the other branches. The USAF has a little more of a relaxed atmosphere for most specialties, and may be less taxing on you. Marines and Army are gonna beat the hell out of you for the first 6 months, and you will defintiely be away from home no matter which branch you join.

I I had to do it all over again, I would have gone USAF or Coast Guard if I could get the same MOS since my relatives who serve in those branches seem to have a much more stable family life. Wait, scratch Coast Guard - they're DHS now :). I'd also consider going Navy.

The USMC is a tough place to serve, but well worth it if you want to be on the cutting edge of an aggressor force.

Back
Top Bottom