• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NEED RV HELP------EATONTON GA

Putnambuck

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
49   0
Reaction score
We have a 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2400BH RV that has a dinette slide.
The slide is in and I can't get it to extend. Never had any trouble with it at all and worked the every time we've used it. One end of the slide will move 2 or 3 inches but the other end will not move at all.
I've googled and Youtube'd everything I can find about it and even call the Manufacturer but still not working. Thank goodness it's in and not extended but I've done all I can think to do.
It has a Schwintek slide.
If anyone has any ideas or knows an RV tech please let me know.
Thanks fellas.

They work on the same premises as a pw motor.
Usually they have a motor and the slides operate on a regulator with cables and pulleys, normally.
The regulator could have broken a cable or a motor if that one has two per slide.
Need to find an RV dealer that has body mechanics.
Good Sam’s may have one as suggested.
Good luck !

We have a 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2400BH RV that has a dinette slide.
The slide is in and I can't get it to extend. Never had any trouble with it at all and worked the every time we've used it. One end of the slide will move 2 or 3 inches but the other end will not move at all.
I've googled and Youtube'd everything I can find about it and even call the Manufacturer but still not working. Thank goodness it's in and not extended but I've done all I can think to do.
It has a Schwintek slide.
If anyone has any ideas or knows an RV tech please let me know.
Thanks fellas.

I don’t know about yours specifically.
It sounds like one side is stuck. When’s the last time you used some silicone spray lube on the track and parts underneath?
If it’s been awhile do it.
If you can tell the electric switch is working by bumping it.
Bump it out just a tad, then bump it back in.
Spray more if you need to.
Try opening it a tad more each time.

If no go, it can be opened with the crank that came with the trailer.
The crank hole might be on the opposite side.

If the switch doesn’t seem like it’s working then check your fuse box for a blown fuse.
Let me know how you do.

Putnambuck Putnambuck

How did you make out on the slide problem?
Well, glad you asked biker bill, I had a local guy come by my house last Friday that said he could fix it, he knew exactly what was wrong. He got there and said, oh it's stuck in, not out. I said that's what I told you.
Long story short, he couldn't figure it out. After he left I came back in the house and went deep in thought about it.
my wife and I went back out to the camper and 30 minutes later I had it working.
To be perfectly honest I'm not exactly sure what I did to make it slide again. I took some stuff apart, hit the electric motor with a screwdriver handle and giggled the wiring harness. I think it the electric motor was just stuck from not being used in a while.......anyway, it's working great now. Probably let it in and out 50 times over the weekend and it's worked every time.

Back
Top Bottom