• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need Recommendations for Truck Tool Box

87KJH

Default rank <2500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
47   0
Reaction score
Have been looking for a new crossover style tool box for my truck and there are so many options that I don't know where to start.

What brand will be easy to open, lock securely and last for years.
Are the Weatherguard or the Camlocker brands worth the money?

I got the ones from Northern Tool and put on my truck. They have been good. Held up real well, etc.,
I got the ones that go across the back and also down the side. Diamond plate. They are decent boxes for the $$ IMO. I have had them a good while too. Real sturdy.

I have had my Highway Products tool box for over 20 years and still love it! True lifetime warranty and their in-house customer service reps have been a pleasure to deal with over the years. I recently called to order a new shock for the lid (second or third one, I don't recall right off hand) and the response was, "Yes sir, we'll get that in the mail to you right away!" It's pretty hard to find that level of service in today's world. Just be prepared for the sticker shock!

Weatherguard and / or Highway Products. Lifetime warranty. Friend of mine had a hinge go bad after many years of construction use (and abuse). The Weatherguard rep came out to his job site and replaced his lid, hinge, both locks and both struts for FREE. That's the best customer service I've ever heard of. That specific occurance is what sold me on Weatherguard. I've had it on my F350 for ten years without a single problem. Pay once. Cry once. But, I didn't cry! It has been worth every penny, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Back
Top Bottom