• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need recommendations for a 18"-24"+ machete

Got this several years ago, probably from Sportsman's Guide on sale...beats the mil specs hands down. Lighter, thinner and cuts great. 18".

Attachments

• KIMG1104.jpeg
    KIMG1104.jpeg
    38.2 KB · Views: 30
  • KIMG1103.jpeg
    KIMG1103.jpeg
    45.5 KB · Views: 31
Got this several years ago, probably from Sportsman's Guide on sale...beats the mil specs hands down. Lighter, thinner and cuts great. 18".
Tramontina is a very good brand... I used to have one also. Don't know where I left it.

Ontario Knife Co. (OKC) has excellent quality mill spec blades that are much thicker than commercial machetes that most homeowners and even many professional landscapers use. Remember, landscapers are always losing their machetes, leaving them behind at job sites, so they tend not to buy high-$$ ones.

I have both 18 inch and 12 inch OKC machetes. They're great.
Well, the plastic handles are there weak spot --they are adequately strong but on the low end of the comfort scale. Many other companies have more ergonomic handles.
I have filed mine and used a Dremel tool on them to re-contour them a little bit.

The smallest one shown here is a thin bladed cheap junky machete by Ozark Trail. A Walmart brand I believe. I leave it on my riding lawnmower.

The middle one is an Ontario Knife Company 12 inch machete,
and the one on the right is an OKC 18 inch machete with a bright orange handle.

Attachments

• 09561BAF-8A7A-4BA5-8C17-DDA5A775FA0D.jpeg
    09561BAF-8A7A-4BA5-8C17-DDA5A775FA0D.jpeg
    34 KB · Views: 22
Back
Top Bottom