• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need opinions and sugg. For home cameras

Do you have a current alarm system. A lot of times they have cameras available that work with your system. I have a SimpliSafe alarm system and use their newest camera version. They are wireless and can operate either via power cord or battery pack.
No current system. But i dont think it would take much. '
You can watch real time on phone or tablet. I have Wyze indoor cam wired to my network and an outdoor cam that’s wireless and connected to my wireless network. It’s battery powered and @every 3 months I take it down and recharge it in a few hours. Held onto mount by a strong magnet - very simple as long as it is easily accessed. Also can install an SD card for storage on the camera.

Pros and cons to all security cams - good to read up on all of them to determine which would be best for your application. I also have a Reolink cam in the back and it sends videos to my phone as well as to an internal SD card - it works well and I have it connected to a small solar panel so I don’t have to take it down to recharge it. You could do the same with most other rechargeable cameras as long as you have enough sunlight where it is mounted, especially in the winter months. The other issue is sensitivity range - some cameras will detect movement further out than others.
This is pretty good , along the same kind of lines i was thinking. I like the solar idea. On the opposite side is a high end wall with no windows….i could mount it up high, hang a small solar panel to keep it charged.

Thanks all !! Great info :) ODT comes through again

I may have a solution.
I have a set of I believe 4 ring stick up cameras with the optional solar panels so they don’t need to be charged. Send me a message if interested.
I may do that…like i said in my opening info post, i just had surgery so i am recovering from that.
But i will get with you in a day or so . :)

I will text you some info on how I installed them cameras in my house. But I think you will need
Thanks Otto…. No rush. I am homebound and cant do squat for weeks !
Plus I need to talk to you about HVAC system…. Just call me when you can talk for 30 mins - night, day, anytime for you :cool-new: …. Lol.

I love my Blink cam's from Amazon. Cheap and don't need any wires. Only batteries about every 6 months. I have all door's and point's of entry covered. I also have a ring camera/floodlight on my driveway to let me know if someone is pulling in. It gives me a little piece of mind knowing the house is covered on all sides.
Blink cams from Amazon….got it !!
Thanks my friend - i hope you and fam are good ! :)

No current system. But i dont think it would take much. '

This is pretty good , along the same kind of lines i was thinking. I like the solar idea. On the opposite side is a high end wall with no windows….i could mount it up high, hang a small solar panel to keep it charged.

Thanks all !! Great info :) ODT comes through again
The system I just ordered for my in-law’s house was less than $400 and it included two of the newest SimpliSafe cameras.

Ok folks !! ODT does it again, I think i have enough to chew on for a while in between PT, naps, trips around the house every two hours -minimum, day or night :dispirited: ….. lol. I can pilfer through this stuff.
I am gonna still leave thread open a little while for scientific reasons. We can see if anyone comes up with pliable answers to todays world crisis - or at least the ones here in America ??
Ok….follow the science and Phuck Josephine Biden - keep on trucking :thumb:

We use and love the Blink XT2 camera sysyem. We've had it 2+ years and it was less than $200 i wanna say. 100% wireless, 2 lithium aa batteries last about a year depending on usage. Sensitivity level can be adjusted. All and all very happy with it. No monthly monitoring costs, if you get a motion you get a notification on your phone. Here are a few snap shots that shows the quality.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211025-181512_Blink.jpg
    Screenshot_20211025-181512_Blink.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20211025-181606_Blink.jpg
    Screenshot_20211025-181606_Blink.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 13
We use and love the Blink XT2 camera sysyem. We've had it 2+ years and it was less than $200 i wanna say. 100% wireless, 2 lithium aa batteries last about a year depending on usage. Sensitivity level can be adjusted. All and all very happy with it. No monthly monitoring costs, if you get a motion you get a notification on your phone. Here are a few snap shots that shows the quality.

This is what I use. They are pretty damn great, but there are pitfalls. Basically as The Southern Gentlemen The Southern Gentlemen said. They aren't hardwired and rely on wifi. A constant recorded feed is the tits. But these offer some good security for a far cheaper price.

Back
Top Bottom