• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need opinion about AR-15

I've bought a few BCA products that I ended up selling as it ended up not being worth the price, even if they were the cheapest on the market. My experiences below:
-complete ar10 upper: gas block was installed crooked, super thin bluing, handguard was ultra cheap Chinesium. I could never get that upper to run consistently
-Glock 19 barrel, threaded. Virtually no bluing. Lubed up and racking it 3 times stripped all the bluing off in places of friction. My sh!tty Taurus with 3k rounds held the bluing better. Accuracy was Meh at best

I'm surprised no one has brought up the fact that BCA has gone by at least 3 other names the past 15 years or so due to quality issues/lawsuits. Kind of a telling fact by itself.
With everything in stock for less than $100 you can buy something 5, better.

Run away and be very scared! Don't invest one dime in that company. I have heard way to many horror stories with their products. I would say buy a Aero Precision matched reciever set for 265, Ballistic Advantage barrel 225, a good bolt 150 and to start with a cheap handguard, CMMG lower parts kit and a cheap primary arms adj. stock kit. Now for one you can upgrade as funds allow. The moral of the story you can build a much better gun yourself than BCA junk. Hell I will even stay on the phone with you while you assemble it. I should say you can get by with 650 if you catch sales and buy some parts through the classifieds. I will even give you a buffer tube, spring and buffer and adj. stock for free. I might have a lower builders kit I will throw in. They don't come with a grip or fire control group but I have a 1000 grips and bolts for them and a mil spec trigger set up I will throw in. When and if you get the reciever set and barrel send me pics and I will ship the parts on my dime. I will do this just to teach you how to build one and keep you from making a bad purchase. I just want to make sure you are going to use them and not flip them. There are a few ass holes that would do that and take advantage of good will.

Back
Top Bottom