• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need opinion about AR-15

I don't consider myself a Gucci snob but the lowest quality AR I would be comfortable trusting my or my families well being and safety to is BCM. To build a great practice AR or range rifle I think Aero is great. Just my 2 cents.

BCM is the lowest quality you’ll go?? Thats a $1500 AR. What about the LE model colts?

I don't consider myself a Gucci snob but the lowest quality AR I would be comfortable trusting my or my families well being and safety to is BCM. To build a great practice AR or range rifle I think Aero is great. Just my 2 cents.
Buy a PSA lower and complete rifle kit with FN barrel (or any of their nitride barrels really) . Sell the lower parts kit (buffer, buffer tube spring and all) sell the BCG. Then buy a BCM lower parts kit, bcm A5 buffer kit, and BCM BCG.

especially if you get the BCM parts on sale, you've got one hell of a budget carbine.

I know you know this, just putting it out there for the bubba's looking for their next build.

with you. last AR I pieced together was BCM upper and lower, BCG, a5 length buffer extension and stock. barrel and HG were centurion. cmshoot cmshoot bubba'd that muther****er together. BCM and SOLGW get my vote every day for a "work" rifle. there are a LOT cheaper and a LOT more expensive...but they get it done.

So I hear what you are saying but... is there any actual proof of this? I haven't heard this at all from anyone in person.
If ResevoirDawg10 tells you something about a tactical item you can consider that as your proof. There are a lot of great people on this site to help you but you need to LISTEN to what they say.

If you have bad service out a self build you either cheated in parts price or assembled it wrong. I have 6 ARs one is a shelf job. Just took one out on of my 6.8 builds and it ran without fail. I wouldn't hesitate one single second in picking any one of them for protection. You get out of a AR what you put in a AR. Period! I am not a snob at building but it's just not that difficult if you use quality parts. I don't claim to be better at than anyone. I am always eager to help people out when I can. There are a few little assembly methods that need to be exploited but easily followed if someone helps.

Back
Top Bottom