• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need MORE prayers my ODT Family, LATEST update Post 104 GOOD News!

imawoodsman imawoodsman

I will pray for Kevin. If his lungs are damaged you need to read this.

I have a 50 yr old friend and neighbor that got covid in early August. He has been in 3 different hospitals. Emory kept him alive on an ECMO Machine that takes the blood out of the body and puts it back in w oxygen because his lung tissue was eaten up by covid. Emory said there was nothing more they could do.

Univ. Of Fla Hospital (Shands Hosp) said they would see if he was eligble to get on a double lung transplant list and after flying Drs and Nurses in a helicopter to Emory to pick him up and fly him back to Gainsville, Fla he still spent weeks in ICU on the ECMO Machine and got him to where he could sit up and do other stuff and decided they would put him on the transplant list. Well he survived the dbl lung transplant and FINALLY was released to rehab about a week ago. Still in Gainsville. He had been in ICU I think since Aug 5th and got out a little over 3 weeks ago.

You need to call go see if any hospital would consider him for a transplant if his lungs are not working. Emory Staff were doing their best to get this man's family to unplug his saying there was nothing more and he could not survive.
Tell your family to get to work and maybe he will survive.

Barbwire Barbwire , Thx SO much for the info. I will pass the info to my SIL.
As of this morning, Kevin was holding his own & improving some.
No problem, I pray he makes it. From what I understand, Emory did not do much calling other hospitals to see if they could get him on a transplant list. His wife did it. She was a bulldog and would not give up. It took her weeks to find the hospital that did it.

Back
Top Bottom