• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need low level DoD access to slep(self life extension program) to see if a Med is an issue

jastricker

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
192   0
Reaction score
I was just wondering if one of the many fine people with on here with low level DoD access could look into the slep study to see what happens to aspirin. I have to take a full strength one every day and I am cheap so I buy to 2-500count bottles at sams or Costco. I was wondering if there were any negative effects as it takes about 2 years and 9 months to finish one bottle, and I just opened the second bottle which has been expired for a while as this was from the previous batch so the expiration date is 9/2017. Thanks for any help, as well as any other tips of meds to not take after the expiration date like tetracycline which I don’t know if that is even prescribed much anymore.

Although I would still love to pm so
Someone with access as a i ha e codicil is of
Meds to check as I have or had damn near everything but cancer, aids, herpes, or any of the new kids super clap or the other one that is now antibiotic resistant. Which if a fair ambit are believed if something doesn’t change soon we will be in pre-antibiotic area as there aren’t any I the pipeline as they don’t make money. The one big down side to capitalism is the we need things that don’t make business sense like a drug you may only need once in your life but will save you a a countless others. I have a friend who works in an icu and plenty patients come for routine stuff and are dusted off thanks to something they picked up in the hospital

Aspirin is cheap at Costco/Sams, you could just buy a new bottle and dispose of that properly.

Be sure your under a doctors care for aspirin.

This is not MEDICAL advice. I would discuss your best options with your doctor.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...mended-prevent-first-heart-attack/6103264001/

I was just wondering if one of the many fine people with on here with low level DoD access could look into the slep study to see what happens to aspirin. I have to take a full strength one every day and I am cheap so I buy to 2-500count bottles at sams or Costco. I was wondering if there were any negative effects as it takes about 2 years and 9 months to finish one bottle, and I just opened the second bottle which has been expired for a while as this was from the previous batch so the expiration date is 9/2017. Thanks for any help, as well as any other tips of meds to not take after the expiration date like tetracycline which I don’t know if that is even prescribed much anymore.
Sixty years ago I was 5 years old, worked in my dad's pharmacy which was his dad's before him.
We still had medicines that my granddaddy had purchased because back then we knew that most pills kept in amber colored bottles never went bad. In fact very few pharmaceuticals will ever go bad. The exceptions were some liquid medicines did on fact have a limited life. However, the Amber dark bottles offered a much longer life.

I'd like to share this too. Although I hadn't started school I would usually look up the prescription number and put the stock bottle of pills handy for dad to fill. One day a woman came in and I took her (doctors handwritten) prescription behind the counter. Now let me say back then reading a doctor's handwriting was an art. I was pretty good at it too, but that one, no matter how I turned it I couldn't read any of it. Reluctantly, I handed it to dad. He glanced at it, reached for the red empty gelatin capsules, said "make me 24 of these then stay here".
I quickly packed the empty pills with powdered sugar and stood quietly while he typed the label and then he personally waited on that woman. When she left he looked over his glasses at me & said "the reason you couldn't read it, it's written in Latin. It said give her 24 RED sugar pills and charge her $1 each".
I said huh? A few days later same woman comes in the store, wringing her hands, smiling and said "Oh! Those pills worked SO good".
I ran fast as I could to the storage room where I busted my gut laughing.

I had just learn a lesson. The mind is a powerful thing and powdered sugar in a red capsule works wonders if it cost enough!

Don't worry. Keep the top right, don't let moisture get to your pills. They'll be fine.

Although I would still love to pm so
Someone with access as a i ha e codicil is of
Meds to check as I have or had damn near everything but cancer, aids, herpes, or any of the new kids super clap or the other one that is now antibiotic resistant. Which if a fair ambit are believed if something doesn’t change soon we will be in pre-antibiotic area as there aren’t any I the pipeline as they don’t make money. The one big down side to capitalism is the we need things that don’t make business sense like a drug you may only need once in your life but will save you a a countless others. I have a friend who works in an icu and plenty patients come for routine stuff and are dusted off thanks to something they picked up in the hospital
Ummmm what?

Back
Top Bottom