• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need knife handles

1gunsnotenough

Default rank <4500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
260   1
Reaction score
Looking for someone local who can make a set of working handles for this knife and a good sheath. Its a Japanese re-pop from the 1960s. Also I have another odd SS diving knife. Can SS be sharpened and hold an edge.

Attachments

• IMG_5762.JPG
    IMG_5762.JPG
    15.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_5763.JPG
    IMG_5763.JPG
    19.6 KB · Views: 27
Check with Dan Moye, Cattle Dog Forge in Watkinsville he might do the handle for you. Also John Costa, Costa Cleaners in Watkinsville, could do the work as well. Both are good friends of mine and are competent knife makers. If you were closer to me I'd offer to do it for you.

Most of the SS diver's knives are not heattreated to a regular working knife hardness. Because they are most often used for prying and digging. Yes they can be sharpened to razor sharp ..... but so can aluminum, just won't hold the edge long. I'm sure some diver knives are better than others and may be capable of holding their edge. It can't hurt to have it sharpened and try it out. Either of the gentlemen above could do this for you as well.

Check with Dan Moye, Cattle Dog Forge in Watkinsville he might do the handle for you. Also John Costa, Costa Cleaners in Watkinsville, could do the work as well. Both are good friends of mine and are competent knife makers. If you were closer to me I'd offer to do it for you.

Most of the SS diver's knives are not heattreated to a regular working knife hardness. Because they are most often used for prying and digging. Yes they can be sharpened to
razor sharp ..... but so can aluminum, just won't hold the edge long. I'm sure some diver

knives are better than others and may be capable of holding their edge. It can't hurt to have it sharpened and try it out. Either of the gentlemen above could do this for you as well.

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom