• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need Hog Hunting setup advice

Take posthole diggers and dig a hole about a foot and a half or two feet pour corn in the hole, water, and some grape kool-aid powder in there with it. They'll be rootin there looking for more.

Their nose is just as good if not better than a deer.

Take porthole diggers and dig a hole about a foot and a half or two feet pour corn in the hole, water, and some grape kool-aid powder in there with it. They'll be rootin there looking for more.

Their nose is just as good if not better than a deer

Should this be done with in the radius the spin feeder throws corn or outside the area in a different spot ?

Go to Walmart and buy a 5$ shovel then get the 2-3 pre made koolaid plastic containers. Dig a hole about a foot deep no wider than a basket ball and then fill with corn and then add the koolaid powder. Cover the hole with dirt and then make 2 or three more. Keep the holes away from the feeder pigs will knock them over by digging under the legs. I always strap the feeders to trees. Stakes help but not really. The feeders are ok when it comes to pigs but they tend to eat all the corn too fast. The buried corn makes them work harder to get the corn out plus pigs like to dig naturally. I shoot the crap out of pigs all year. The feeders may get them use to the noise but if you can keep the hogs busy in the same area for a few hours you have better chances of killing them. Or make a hog roll out of a 35 gallon drum and chain it to the ground. Fill with corn and koolaid.

Go to Walmart and buy a 5$ shovel then get the 2-3 pre made koolaid plastic containers. Dig a hole about a foot deep no wider than a basket ball and then fill with corn and then add the koolaid powder. Cover the hole with dirt and then make 2 or three more. Keep the holes away from the feeder pigs will knock them over by digging under the legs. I always strap the feeders to trees. Stakes help but not really. The feeders are ok when it comes to pigs but they tend to eat all the corn too fast. The buried corn makes them work harder to get the corn out plus pigs like to dig naturally. I shoot the crap out of pigs all year. The feeders may get them use to the noise but if you can keep the hogs busy in the same area for a few hours you have better chances of killing them. Or make a hog roll out of a 35 gallon drum and chain it to the ground. Fill with corn and koolaid.
Get sow in heat juice and a few sent wicks and dominate boar urine. Put a camera out and figure out the timing or cell cam it done your killing..

Attachments

• 9CC6AC46-B2EF-41EA-8452-CFC3B1A45F39.jpeg
    9CC6AC46-B2EF-41EA-8452-CFC3B1A45F39.jpeg
    306.1 KB · Views: 22
Back
Top Bottom