• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need Hog Hunting setup advice

yardboss1

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
5   0
Reaction score
Guys got caught up in the Big Buck Contest at our club this year and and started throwing corn on the cobb on the ground and BOOM hogs showed up. We had agreed to stop putting corn on the ground for this very reason. We have an isolated stand in a small field outside of a fenced cattle pasture that I want to set up on because of the easy access. The hogs (and deer) come in from up over a ridge on the opposite side of the fence . I am going to put a auto feeder in the middle of the field with a solar powered motion sensor green light attached to it. I have a green light on the rifle I plan to use. Do the hog attractant scents really work ? We have a nice hog trap in storage. Should I try that first or set it out along with the feeder ?

I do not want to walk and stalk hogs :

1641161385230.png

What I’ve always heard was take applesauce and corn makes it in a 5 gallon bucket let it sit outside and just get nasty rotten. Then take a post hole digger 5 feet deep and pour that into it. You’ll have to dig to eat it and it’s easy Pickins. I’ve never gotten to test it every time I want to do a hug hunt it’s falling through

Guys got caught up in the Big Buck Contest at our club this year and and started throwing corn on the cobb on the ground and BOOM hogs showed up. We had agreed to stop putting corn on the ground for this very reason. We have an isolated stand in a small field outside of a fenced cattle pasture that I want to set up on because of the easy access. The hogs (and deer) come in from up over a ridge on the opposite side of the fence . I am going to put a auto feeder in the middle of the field with a solar powered motion sensor green light attached to it. I have a green light on the rifle I plan to use. Do the hog attractant scents really work ? We have a nice hog trap in storage. Should I try that first or set it out along with the feeder ?

View attachment 3833137
If your scared say your scared but I’ve killed hundreds of them by stalking

Your on the right track. Stake the legs of your spin feeder. Hogs will knock it over. Set up your green light and let them get used to it. A week or two should work. Watch the wind when you set up to hunt them. They can smell better than deer. I’d get the trap going to. Just straight corn works as good as or better than any attractant. I know some guys that will put grape cool aid powder in the corn.

Your on the right track. Stake the legs of your spin feeder. Hogs will knock it over. Set up your green light and let them get used to it. A week or two should work. Watch the wind when you set up to hunt them. They can smell better than deer. I’d get the trap going to. Just straight corn works as good as or better than any attractant. I know some guys that will put grape cool aid powder in the corn.
Diesel fuel if you’re going to put an additive

And that’s the only advice I have so sorry
Pictures from a nite stalk with children! And a green lite! No corn! Wind was right! If you listen you can hear them they make a sound like nothing else you’ve ever heard!

Attachments

• 55882733-1160-4A57-B8D5-49ED152B727F.png
    55882733-1160-4A57-B8D5-49ED152B727F.png
    701.4 KB · Views: 38

View attachment 3833137
Invite me I will teach you what little I know I will see if we can kill a few pics

Back
Top Bottom