Need help with springfield v10

Kdenton2448

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
50   0
Reaction score
Ok, so i aquired a Springfield armory V10 ultra compact 1911 and i want to start upgrading. So my question is when getting parts for the gun (ie: guid rod and all springs etc) would i order for officer size gun? Also is there somthing special i should know abbout dissasembly of this particular firarm, when i try to disassemble i cant get the take dowb pin (slide release) to push out for the life of me? Im kind of a 1911 noob so any info you guys can give me will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks, kyle

Sweet little pistol ! Mine has been my EDC for a while now. For the take down, pull the slide back until the pin is lined up with the "front" squareish notch. Push pin out from the right side and you should be able to rotate it from there. With the bushingless heavy barrel, it has the spring pressure still on the slide. Kind of an awkward three handed operation, but with practice, you'll figure it out. As for the springs and such, IDK, officer i would assume, but not sure. Good luck.

I was at my gunsmiths this afternoon and asked him about the springs. He said it takes standard "officer" springs and such. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom