• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need help on pistol rail mounted lights

The only one worth having is a Surefire X300. You can stalk ebay for deals on them, or the older X200s also pop up at a good price from time to time. Yes, they are more expensive but I really do believe you are getting your money's worth.

I respectfully disagree, TLR-1 is just fine for home use. If I was a LEO or carrying a light mounted weapon everyday it would probably be the X-300 but I'm not going to beat the crap out of my TLR-1 using it at home. I have had very good luck with Streamlight products, I have two Scorpions I've had since before my Dad died back in '98 and they have been treated pretty bad over the years and still work just fine. Not everybody can put $250 in a light. I also have two Surefire handheld lights.

I'm going to agree on the TLR-1 I've had several. Never failed me and I only got rid of them when selling the gun they were on. Yes the surefire x series are great and may last long under heavy use. But for those of us that army SWAT high speed types and just need some thing for a bed side gun they are great for the price. I ran through 3 classes with one of my TLRs and never had a hitch out if it

Thanks for the suggestions. I will check for more reviews on these two. I was looking for something that didn't stick out past the end of the barrel.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will check for more reviews on these two. I was looking for something that didn't stick out past the end of the barrel.

Just ask anytime you need to know something, you'll get plenty of answers from different points of view.

Top of the line stuff isn't for everyone.. he asked for info on lights and the X300 is the only one I see worth a darn. I formed my opinion through experience using one. Sorry to buck the hive mind.

Top of the line stuff isn't for everyone.. he asked for info on lights and the X300 is the only one I see worth a darn. I formed my opinion through experience using one. Sorry to buck the hive mind.

awwwww shoot man ......its a rodeo around here most of the time anyway with all the testosterone flyin thru these threads everyday !!! ;>)

ecko... saw your post in the tlr3 deals thread. I just got mine and it sticks out about 3/4 -1" on my keltec pf9 and is almost flush with my Sig220R carry. Just for a size reference

Back
Top Bottom