• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need Help ODT Truck will not start

Good morning ODT. Checked the fuses and starter relay this am, all seem good. Something keeps tugging at me that it may be the battery. So I checked it this am with a different multimeter (my son's) reading was a lower than mine, pulled the battery out and noticed it is 5 years old. Will get it tested this am and replace if needed. Then I will move to checking the starter solenoid and starter wires.

My wife's car was dead Thursday morning and my truck i found out Friday morning was. Really weird, really. I knew her car was going to need a battery soon, as it was slow in the cold days at the end of winter. But 2 cars not turning over in 1-2 days.

I had a battery that checked out fine on my meter but ended up it had a dead cell, and my truck would not start either. Hopefully it will be your battery. Keep us posted.

Good morning ODT. Checked the fuses and starter relay this am, all seem good. Something keeps tugging at me that it may be the battery. So I checked it this am with a different multimeter (my son's) reading was a lower than mine, pulled the battery out and noticed it is 5 years old. Will get it tested this am and replace if needed. Then I will move to checking the starter solenoid and starter wires.

My wife's car was dead Thursday morning and my truck i found out Friday morning was. Really weird, really. I knew her car was going to need a battery soon, as it was slow in the cold days at the end of winter. But 2 cars not turning over in 1-2 days.

If it’s a transponder key try your other key.

Well the battery teated bad but is not the cause of the issue. After breakfast I will get under the truck and start looking into the starter and solenoid.

Back
Top Bottom