• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need help building a shooting berm

I'd never driven a tractor much before I built my burms in an afternoon. Just piles of dirt. I think I used under 10 gallons of diesel including doing the digging. Im gonna rent a trackhoe next and really extend my shooting pit. Our local rental place delivers and picks them up.
The word track-hoe gives me nightmares. Had to replace a head gasket on one. Jez-O-Pez what a job. The weight of that head was rediculous. That would be the best option.
Loading one up, pulling it, unloading it, doing the work, then loading it back up, tug it back and unloading is quite a job. It would take a special kinda soul to do that for nothing.

I’ve never been much of an individual to ask for charity but I’m currently in a position where I can’t afford to rent a tractor/skid steer to build a small shooting berm nor do I have the means to haul it to and from my property. I know it’s a long shot but if there’s someone out there with the equipment and means to haul it that would be willing to help a fellow 2a brother out that would be awesome. Located in Gay, Ga. I am currently a diesel technician for ford and am also an experienced ar15 builder so maybe we could trade work?
Do you have photos of the property?

fill dirt is $150 a load in the Athens area and thats within a 10 mile radius. I dont know what the price is in your area but I havent seen free dirt in years.

I’ve never been much of an individual to ask for charity but I’m currently in a position where I can’t afford to rent a tractor/skid steer to build a small shooting berm nor do I have the means to haul it to and from my property. I know it’s a long shot but if there’s someone out there with the equipment and means to haul it that would be willing to help a fellow 2a brother out that would be awesome. Located in Gay, Ga. I am currently a diesel technician for ford and am also an experienced ar15 builder so maybe we could trade work?

A diesel mechanic doesn't own a 7.3l truck??????

I have a guy that can clear an acre a day for around 1000-1200$ with a loader

he is actually going to be clearing me a 100 yard gun range with a berm soon for this amount or maybe a little more

I will be publishing a thread for it and linking his contact info

Back
Top Bottom