• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need Drywall, Paint, maybe flooring in Bogart/Athens

Update. Forced air units in the basement, pumps went out, drip trays filled up, spilled under the laminate floor causing some damage to the floor and some mold to drywall. In the main room from the floor to probably 3 feet up I want to remove. That wall is probably 16 feet. Opposite side of that wall is a hallway leading into the main bedroom on the basement level. Two walls in that bedroom have similar damage. 3 feet up, probably 30 feet total of drywall that needs to go in. I can cut and demo all the damaged drywall, trim pieces, baseboards and have all that out of the way. Need fresh drywall put in, finished and the walls that were affected, repainted. It's a decent chunk of work. There is also a walk in closet in that same bedroom with some drywall damage.

Had a young man, friend of the family that we were helping to get through college, living there. He basically ignored the water until the damage was done so unfortunately it wasn't caught early enough to prevent a bunch of rework. This was a year ago though, he's gone and I long ago put in fans and dehydrator to dry everything out. Now it just needs finished up.

Haven't decided on what to do with the floor by the way. I'm inclined to put some sort of laminate back in but the wife is wanting ceramic tile, the type that looks like wood, thinking that if it floods again the ceramic will be impervious to it. It hasn't quite sunk in yet that the damage was from water seeping UNDER the floor, not sitting on top of it.

Haven't decided on what to do with the floor by the way. I'm inclined to put some sort of laminate back in but the wife is wanting ceramic tile, the type that looks like wood, thinking that if it floods again the ceramic will be impervious to it. It hasn't quite sunk in yet that the damage was from water seeping UNDER the floor, not sitting on top of it.
You also have the option of LVP flooring, if you want waterproof.

Back
Top Bottom